"Carpenters - Gold" K2HD CD version just released

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundboy

Hong Kong Universal Music has just released a new audiophile CD version of "Carpenters - Gold". Looks like a very limited edition release as noted in the below link from yesasia.com: First 1,000 copies will be individually numbered.

"Carpenters - Gold" K2HD CD version

Like the Carpenters XRCD, this new CD pressing is most likely a Hong Kong-only release since I am seeing it listed at e-tailers catering to Hong Kong-related music releases. Yes, HK HMV is also listing the title.

Apparently, HK UMG is releasing a series of K2HD CD titles. The other western artists in this K2HD series include Sarah Brightman, Andrea Bocelli and Nana Mouskouri.

It's interesting that this is the single-CD British track listing from 2000 that's getting this release and not the 2-CD US version. Perhaps it's a tenth anniversary release?

Harry

Harry said:
It's interesting that this is the single-CD British track listing from 2000 that's getting this release and not the 2-CD US version. Perhaps it's a tenth anniversary release?

There's no mention of a 10th anniversary. Every couple of years, HK UMG will release a new Carpenters compilation, or at the minimum, a new version of a previous release. The Carpenters remain very popular in HK due to constant use of their music in advertising and in cover versions done by local artists.

I checked HK UMG's website and, for now, no information on these K2HD CD releases. If, or when, HK UMG provide a link to the Carpenters K2HD CD, I will post a link here. Previous Carpenters CD releases in HK were often supported with both print and TV advertisements.

OK, looks like Hong Kong Universal Music has created a dedicated site for its K2HD CD releases....

http://www.umg.com.hk/minisite/hifi_corner/

Wait until the site is loaded....takes forever. Then click on the main image and you will see the titles released so far on K2HD CD. If you click on the Carpenters' K2HD CD, you will get a listing of the tracks on the disc.

soundboy said:
manofsteel1979 said:
A question from the peanut gallery (me)...what is K2HD?

See this explaination

Thanks for the info! Sounds impressive!

Wouldn't be awesome if Richard would re release the entire catalog in that format here in the US? A CD that has the warmth of vinyl. To quote the creepy dude in "RoboCop"; "I'd buy THAT for a dollar!"
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom