Carpenters Items For Trade - Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit1234

Hi there - I just discovered this wonderful Carpenters forum (been looking for you guys for the past six months!) I can't tell you how happy I am to have found a group of people who share my admiration for Richard and Karen's marvelous talents. As a relatively new fan who "discovered" them in 2001 after picking up the "Singles 1969-1981" collection, I must say that I really wish I knew of them during their recording heyday. They amassed such a beautiful collection of music and I appreciate more and more each day.

Now for my question - do you guys know a place where people trade Carpenters items back and forth? I recently got some rare material (Your Navy Presents, a 1981 interview on CD) and wanted to see if anyone else out there would like to trade copies of other rare stuff? Also, do you know of any other great Carpenters discussion forums like this one?

Much love!

Hi, Welcome to this forum.

There are probably other forums around, I know that I came from Ran's old site RoadOde & was there for about 3 years. I was really upset that his Carpenters site left, he had everything, rare clips, video & a really cool forum. But I guess all good things come to an end & it was his decision. I will miss the Christmas Corner the most.

But happily I found this site, there alot of great people here & they know alot about the carpenters.

I don't have an answer though to your question, sorry. But I think on this forum there is a place where you can post a note, it's called TRADING POST. On the main page. Maybe that will help.

Hi Chris - Thanks for the nice welcome :)

I wish I was around when that Road Ode site was around...it sounds pretty great!

I checked that Trading Post you mentioned, however, no one is trading anything :cry:

Oh well....hopefully someone out there can help.

Thanks again :tongue:

BTW, how old are most Carpenters fans here?

Haha, I'm just 24. I discovered their music 4 years ago after purchasing their "LOVE SONGS" at a local record store. I guess their music appeals to everybody both young and old.

cool...I'm 24 as well. I discovered them with "The Singles 1969-1981" package and have been trying to track down everything they've ever recorded ever since! I love the Essential Collection and hope Richard releases another box set with some more of the obscure album cuts as well as alternate versions of the same songs.

CarpenterS hooked me in 1970 with Close To You at the tender age of seven. Been a fan-addict ever since!

Still crazy after all these years,

Jeff

I'm 39 years young..... :wink:

I discovered Carpenters at the age of 17, when Richard and Karen appeared on German televison in 1981 to promote MADE IN AMERICA. On a show called SHOWEXPRESS they performed BEECHWOOD and, if I remember this right, TOP OF THE WORLD. If my family would have owned a video recorder back then, I surely would have taped their performance. So I've been searching for this clip ever since.....

Bruno
still about 30°Celsius in Germany :cool:

Hello Everyone,

I've just been reading the posts here. I am 23 and have been hooked on the Carpenters music after seeing the Karen Carpenter Story when I was about 11.

I'd be happy to do some trading with other fans. I have many rare items that I would be happy to trade.

Please email me if you are interested.

Cheers,
Laura

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom