Carpenter's Logo Font?

Geographer

Can anyone tell me what the font type is used for the Carpenters logo? I want to use it on something (but nothing "Carpenters" related) and want to use the font style. I've searched on line and can't find it anywhere, but I did come across two other inquiries with no replies. I figure if anyone would know, it'd be someone here. Also, does anyone know if the font/style is copy written just for Carpenters?

The logo is not really a font - but a true logo. That is, there's no "style" of letters that you can get that will replicate it. Now, if you wish to try to find letters in that style, but not necessarily skewed into that semi-circular shape, then you could try to use something like http://www.identifont.com

That site will have you describe certain letters and then try to match it with corresponding fonts. Some may be free, others may be paid.

Harry

If you don't mind my curiosity, what's the word (or whatever it is) you want to write? Maybe I can use my art skills and try to replicate and/or create the logo letters by hand. Just an offer, and you don't have to answer if you feel I'm asking too personal a question. :)

Thanks, everyone. Harry, I did try submitting it to one of those font identifier sites; actually, out of 90,000+ entries, there were two submissions from 2009 and 2011 already with no responses.

As for what I am using it for, it's not a secret. My friend and I are "formalizing" a long-standing tradition involving our camping/kayaking/off-roading/fishing/beer drinking adventures all in the name of our profession as Geographers...turning it into a men's group with formal by-laws, incorporation, etc. and are attempting to come up with a logo for T-shirts and other items for members in our newly (loosely) formed non-profit "organization." If you are in the West and are familiar with the E Clampus Vitus (or ECV) group that does a lot of camping, provides historic markers on trails, and runs informative off-roading weekends, this would be similar; but with an emphasis on the spatial aspect (geography/geology) of the west rather than the temporal (history) of the area.

The name of our new group is also in Latin. I want to see how it would look using the Carpenter Logo style of font (which, incidentally, I have seen used on T-shirts before, believe it or not).

Oh, and if anyone wants to join, our first "official" meeting after incorporation will be in Utah in May.

Here's a sample of what I can do -- I was playing around today and made my name (which as I was to find out, is quite difficult using the original shapes of the letters!).
jqjjo5.jpg

As we've discussed here:

http://forum.amcorner.com/threads/cs-logo-font-generator.13146/#post-118746

There are many other enterprises who use a logo very similar to Richard & Karen's and probably even long before there were ever a Richard and Karen CarpenteR...

I see names with that sort of--well, FONT if you wish to call it--than any other type of catchy script... (That the right description?)

And as a side note: There was the Lieutenant Carpenter on McHale's Navy that Captain Binghamton would yell for: "Carpenter...!" "CARPENTER!"...

Not to mention a John (?) Carpenter--was he the one created the films, 'Starman' and/or 'Cocoon'?

-- Dave

It has to be said, whoever at A&M's marketing department came up with the official logo is a great talent. It's my favourite logo of all time. So unique and eyecatching.

Actually, the logo was created by a design firm called Craig Braun and Associates.

And I agree, it is a fantastic logo and my favorite as well. I actually used it as an example in a design class I took in grad school.

I was just looking through my Carpenters 45 collection - woefully incomplete - but respectable, I suppose, and concluded based on that observation, that A&M used the CᴬᴿᴾᴱᴺᵀᴱᴿS logo on nearly every 45 label starting with "Superstar". The only one after that where it wasn't present is on an A&M Forget-Me-Nots single I have. I'm guessing that all in that series are missing the logo?

A couple of picture-sleeve jackets are also missing the logo, like "I Won't Last A Day Without You" and "Sing".

It must have been an artwork decision or something as to why Sing or IWLADWY are missing the logo. It's also interesting that on the "Calling Occupants" sleeve that they don't use the official logo instead block letters for Carpenters while the back side of the sleeve shows the LP cover which has the script logo, however the 45 label does have the official logo. I have one of the forget me nots and yeah it's missing, for some reason I never considered the forget me nots as anything worthy. Ha. The 45 for Honolulu City Lights on the memories label does have the official logo on both label and sleeve.

It's also interesting that before the logo appeared they used the block lettering at times and then later like on Passage they went back to the block lettering (on the picture sleeve) instead of being consistent and using the official logo all the time...every time.

I was just looking through my Carpenters 45 collection - woefully incomplete - but respectable, I suppose, and concluded based on that observation, that A&M used the CᴬᴿᴾᴱᴺᵀᴱᴿS logo on nearly every 45 label starting with "Superstar". The only one after that where it wasn't present is on an A&M Forget-Me-Nots single I have. I'm guessing that all in that series are missing the logo?

A couple of picture-sleeve jackets are also missing the logo, like "I Won't Last A Day Without You" and "Sing".
Top Of The World, also...

Here's a sample of what I can do -- I was playing around today and made my name (which as I was to find out, is quite difficult using the original shapes of the letters!).
jqjjo5.jpg

Can you make some for me: JOAN DUEÑAS. She is my officemate and we will be having a tribute for her upcoming retirment. Can you make the logo for her tarpauline. her name in Carpenters Logo Format? please do message me at [email protected]. Thanks

Harry: correct, the logo did not appear on the Forget Me Not series but does appear on the Memories series

I'm a little surprised that they didn't reissue the Ticket to Ride album again with the cover re-designed to include the logo.

I can see not doing it for Close to You, since that album was such a big seller in its original design.

I work online in a certain “market” And I’m just gonna leave it at that. I want to make my logo “MasterKris.” I want the A to connect the the S at the end. Ive tried by hand but i just cant get it right. Any help would be appreciate!

That Logo is the most perfect type of its kind I've ever seen. Very easy to recognize especially back in the record store days when flipping through the product, it would almost jump up and tap you on the eyeball and say, look at me. About the only other similar logo I can think of is the Chicago logo. But that resembles the Coca Cola logo. Carpenters takes the prize for most easy to spot logo for me. Just like the music, simply in a class all by itself!

Back
Top Bottom