Carpenters Midis

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

Does anybody know any websites that midis that actuall come close to what the Carpenters Music sounds like :?: :)

The only MIDI files I've ever heard that sound like actual sound recordings are something like solo piano pieces. With the sound being synthesized on your sound card, it's always bound to sound "phony". Better sound cards will have better voicing, and for that matter, you could technically send your MIDI out to a real MIDI keyboard (like a Yamaha)...but it will still sound "electronic".

I've heard MIDI files that sound surprisingly close to original arrangements, while others are just off the mark. I mainly get instrumental jazz and classical MIDI files, as I'm able to convert them to Type 0 MIDI and load them into my Nextel phone as ringtones. Haven't tried to find any based on Carpenters, but I usually hit Google first and listen to anything I can find before I decide if I want to keep it. ("Flat Baroque" would be a great MIDI candidate, IMHO. :) )

Of all the Tijuana Brass MIDI files I've found, only "Lonely Bull" seems to sound good. Quite a unique ring tone too. :D

raz42289 said:
Does anybody know any websites that midis that actuall come close to what the Carpenters Music sounds like :?: :)

Andrew (and anyone else who's interested), I've uploaded a zip file containing the very best Carpenters MIDI files from my collection. Here's the link:

Edit: It's now Monday morning, and the file has been removed

These all sound pretty good (about as good as MIDI can sound), and the arrangements closely match what is on the Carpenters records.

I'll leave the file up until early Monday morning, so if you want it, please download it before then.

Enjoy!

Murray

^^^ Andrew, were you able to download the MIDI files that I posted? Were they the kind of thing that you were looking for? I had to remove the file, so in case you missed it, PM me and I can email it to you. Anyone else who missed it and wants it can do the same.

Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom