Carpenters music on church organ?

Walkinat9

Hi all,

Has any of you ever heard a Carpenters song played on a church organ? Or perhaps even played it yourself on a church organ?

Earlier this month I went to a church organ concert for the first time in my life, in the beautiful Hallgrímskirkja in Reykjavík, Iceland.
Organist/composer Kristján Hrannar Pálsson played all the tunes from the album "Discovery" by Daft Punk. It was quite an experience hearing some of the songs that I remember from 20 years ago on the biggest church organ in Iceland. I was amazed to hear the different "instruments" that can come out of such an organ. From "traditional" organ sounds, to reed instruments to string sections. From soft tiny sounds to superdeep growling, which almost had me thinking that Orks (Lord of the Ring-related creatures) would come up from the center of the earth :-o And it could get really loud too. Really quite the experience 🤩

For those of you familiar with Daft Punk's music, this is what "One More Time" sounds like (although this was filmed a year earlier and in another church in Reykjavík) :

And here's a bit of "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" from the actual concert that I went to.

So then I was wondering what Carpenters music would sound like on a church organ and which of their songs would be fit or it?
Maybe Richard has already tried it some time? Would be kind of like full circle, thinking of Richard's stories of playing Beatles tunes during the interludes in church when he was young :)

First songs that came to mind that I think would sound great on a church organ were All Of My Life, Druscilla Penny, I Have You and Now.

What do you think?

Here's a little extra: Xanadu :wink:

Greg

Considering that We’ve Only Just Begun has been a popular wedding song for decades, that’s probably been played on organs at weddings where the couple had an organist playing.

Back
Top Bottom