• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Carpenters near acapella songs

Some of those background vocals on the solo album are really strange, unlike anything she ever did as part of the group. That’s why I love the solo album. It’s so off the wall.
Yes! That's among the things that make the solo album that good and unique among their catalogue: Karen does chords with more unstable sounds/notes, rather than singing the more traditional/stable notes.

John Adam

Some of those background vocals on the solo album are really strange, unlike anything she ever did as part of the group. That’s why I love the solo album. It’s so off the wall.
Breaks my heart we can never keep a thread going about the solo album, because yes, it is a fascinating piece of the Carpenters history!
It's like nothing else in their catalog, but yet it fits in with the best of the Carpenters. Look at Lovelines (LP) for example.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Breaks my heart we can never keep a thread going about the solo album, because yes, it is a fascinating piece of the Carpenters history!
It's like nothing else in their catalog, but yet it fits in with the best of the Carpenters. Look at Lovelines (LP) for example.
If people would discuss the music and not drag rumors and innuendos into it, the threads could go on indefinitely. But every one seems to degrade into name-calling and blame games.

Top Bottom