Carpenters on SACD???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achim

Hi everybody,
I just read on the www.superaudio-cd.com page that A&M (Universal) are going to release the Police back- catalogue on SACD this year. So let's hope they do the same with the Carpenters albums. I asked them by e-mail but the were sorry not to be able to answer individual questions and recommended to visit this site to get the news.
Does anybody know if there are such plans?
I think it would be nice to have the best possible audio quality of the Carpenters songs although the remastering of the new box-set really is close to perfection. By the way, why was the Bacharach/David-medley in its entirety not included in that collection? I will never understand Universal's publishing policy...
Best wishes

Achim from Germany

Achim wrote:

"...the remastering of the new box-set really is close to perfection. By the way, why was the Bacharach/David-medley in its entirety not included in that collection? I will never understand Universal's publishing policy... "

Of course I have no idea what the OFFICIAL reason was for not including this medley, but my speculation is that the live Bacharach/David medley was not included because the songs "Knowing When to Leave" and "Make It Easy on Yourself" were included in the 1980 medley. So in an attempt to prevent an overlap of material, only the 1980 medley was used.

It's too bad, in my opinion, because that live Bacharach/David medley IS an "essential" recording from Karen and Richard.

David

I would hope any future SACDs are dual-layer hybrids, so they can be played in normal CD players. I'm not buying any new equipment to play SACD in the forseeable future.

Can anything be better than the Remastered Classics. Those are perfect. Is there anything missing from these that SACD can provide?

Craig

CraigGA said:
Can anything be better than the Remastered Classics. Those are perfect. Is there anything missing from these that SACD can provide?

Craig

Hi Craig,

that's just what I want to know! From my experience with SACD so far it could sound more naturally if that is possible at all. You're right, the remastered classics sound really brilliant. But you never know....

Achim from Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom