Carpenters on TV 1971

Billy Rees

I was wondering if there is any video footage around of the Carpenters appearance on The Mike Douglas Show in 1971?

I've seen a trailer for the show with a clip of them singing Rainy Days and Mondays, but that's all I can seem to find about it!

Million dollar questions, Mr. Rees; however, I have faith that if anyone can find this elusive clip, you can!

Strangely Billy I've been searching myself today for my page "The Carpenters: History & News" because it was today that they were on the Mike Douglas show in 1971 .... Alas, nothing !

I was wondering if there is any video footage around of the Carpenters appearance on The Mike Douglas Show in 1971?

I've seen a trailer for the show with a clip of them singing Rainy Days and Mondays, but that's all I can seem to find about it!

Good luck finding anymore from that period. From what I see online, episodes from the early years of the show were erased so that the tape could be used for other stuff(not sure when it stopped) as tape was not cheap in the 60’s, and in 1971 for most people the only way to record TV off air was by film camera (VHS & Beta were still 4 years in the future) or if they could afford it, 3/4-inch U-matic. Of course there might be 16mm kinescopes that were made for stations that still weren’t broadcasting from videotape floating around.

Back
Top Bottom