šŸŽ§ Podcast Carpenters: Q&A, Ep. 4: A Conversation with Gayle Levant & Earle Dumler

Podcasts

Chris May

Resident ā€˜Carpenterologistā€™
Staff member
Episode four features a candid interview with friends Gayle Levant and Earle Dumler. Gayle is heard on virtually every Carpenters album with the sound of her unmistakably lush harp, and Earle with his emotionally gut-wrenching oboe and English horn. Here they share a few of their favorite stories from the Carpenters years, as well as a few anecdotes related to the countless artists and major motion picture film composers they've worked with.

Am wondering if the photo of Karen at the drum kit is in the back yard of the Newville Avenue home and if it is why was it set up there?

Thanks for sharing these, Chris. It's a real treat to hear stories from the people whose names I've memorized from many album jackets over the years.

Shhh..I took a screen grab of the very last photo which looks like an alternate shot Iā€™d never seen before. I like that one a lot. I have a photo from that session framed as part of the Gold 35th Anniversary but itā€™s not that exact photo. Nice touch to add those photos at the end and music.

Shhh..I took a screen grab of the very last photo which looks like an alternate shot Iā€™d never seen before. I like that one a lot. I have a photo from that session framed as part of the Gold 35th Anniversary but itā€™s not that exact photo. Nice touch to add those photos at the end and music.
I may have done the same thing... :wink:

I enjoyed this i watched the whole thing. I am honestly wondering who did the instrumental of want you back in my life. Was it you @Chris May if so do you think you will do more for future videos?

Episode four features a candid interview with friends Gayle Levant and Earle Dumler. Gayle is heard on virtually every Carpenters album with the sound of her unmistakably lush harp, and Earle with his emotionally gut-wrenching oboe and English horn. Here they share a few of their favorite stories from the Carpenters years, as well as a few anecdotes related to the countless artists and major motion picture film composers they've worked with.

I love these kind of interviews.

Thanks Chris!

Danny

Back
Top Bottom