Carpenters Quilt

NowhereMan

Funny, but it seems I always wind up here with you
I was just on Facebook where I learned about this company that makes print quilts and blankets based on album covers. Our favorite duo is included on the site and their "offerings" looks great:
cfb7fde7-2f57-4868-985e-7f815aa7478c.jpg

19738421-0068-42a2-a645-c27d0d0440f3.jpg

Link: Carpenters Style Two Quilt Blanket – DovePrints

I do realize these may be cheaply made and are technically bootlegs, I just thought they were fun to look at.

Not an attorney but I'd think this was some kind of copyright violation. But yes, they look cool :)

Interesting how they’ve “stretched” the cover for Lovelines with an extended embossed effect at either side. It would have looked better if they’d used the full extended cover of Made In America with Karen’s flowing hair on the rear cover.

Carpenters-made-in-america-gatefold-cover-open-1981.jpg

Anyone recognize the single that is on the bottom right corner in the top photo? (Beside The “Sing” single cover?”). It looks like the sailboat cover from TTR.

Does anyone know if a woodblock was used when they recorded hurting each other that is what it sounds like to me it's very subtle. The sound can be heard when Karen sings closer than the leaves.

I believe woodblock is correct if you're referring to the percussive sound,

I own one of these quilts.. the #2 option... Queen size and I love it.. It was about 60.00 and another 30.00 for shipping... Was worth every nickel spent!

I believe woodblock is correct if you're referring to the percussive sound,

Really? I always thought that was the sound of a drumstick tapped on the rim of the drum - Learn something new every day. Who would have likely been using (playing?) it, I wonder.

Back
Top Bottom