Carpenters rare video clips

No problem, GaryAlan.

It took me a long time to digitize this tape, it is still very grainy.
it was a copy from a copy from a copy. I think it came from the Newville avenue fanclub from the 90s.
I love the fact that the announcer speaks English with a relatively neutral American accent (considering Japan in the 1990s) and then immediately switches to full-on 120 wpm Japanese.

Does anyone know where to find the Carpenters' full appearance on the debut episode of the Don Knotts Show?
As far as I can find out a lot of the old tapes from around then were wiped and re-used to save money... I have been told that sometimes Richard would write to the producers of shows they had appeared on and request a tape. In most cases, they would send him one containing the part of a show they appeared on...

This could mean that, if they've survived the years in storage, Richard could have a lot of rare appearances on videotape that are no longer saved anywhere else. Not only from this show, but early ones like Della in 1969 or their first 5 appearances on The Tonight Show (which are missing), The Mike Douglas Show and maybe even some early UK ones too!

Lets hope that someday they might come to light and we get to enjoy seeing these rarities.

So here's the devastating news! The DVD fades in from black with Andy Williams saying "the fabulous Carpenters!" and Karen is singing "I'll never fall in love again..." and Richard is singing, "I think I'm gonna be sad..."

Here's the untouched MP4 rip straight from the official Andy Williams Show box set DVD, disc 8:

(WeTransfer will delete the file, but you can PM me if you'd like the MP4 in case the link has expired.)
Thanks for sharing these, I love the "Goodnight Andy" clip...

The link has expired now and I missed it.

Would you be so kind as to share again... Thanks.

The one of "For All We Know"?
@Cuyler
Cuyler said:
So here's the devastating news! The DVD fades in from black with Andy Williams saying "the fabulous Carpenters!" and Karen is singing "I'll never fall in love again..." and Richard is singing, "I think I'm gonna be sad..."

Here's the untouched MP4 rip straight from the official Andy Williams Show box set DVD, disc 8:

12_For All We Know.mp4

1 file sent via WeTransfer, the simplest way to send your files around the world
we.tl
(WeTransfer will delete the file, but you can PM me if you'd like the MP4 in case the link has expired.)

@Cuyler
Cuyler said:

12_For All We Know.mp4

1 file sent via WeTransfer, the simplest way to send your files around the world
we.tl
Here you go!

Also @Billy Rees

Thanks to Cuyler, I've edited together their appearance on The Andy Williams Show in 1971. I mixed and added new audio (so the sound doesn't fade out when the video does) so it flows smoothly from the Medley into For All We Know.

Last edited:
Hi everyone:

Branching off of an earlier thread about the Bob Hope Time Life set, does anyone know if these clips are available on DVD?

And if so, which DVDs?

“Interpretations” has the MYOKOM video for WOJB. “Gold/Only Yesterdsy/Yesterday Once More” has the Bob Hope video for WOJB. But the Time-Life DVD’s are probably better quality, as Time-Life probably used the original masters, whereas the “Gold” master would be a few analog generations from the original.

“Interpretations” has the MYOKOM video for WOJB. “Gold/Only Yesterdsy/Yesterday Once More” has the Bob Hope video for WOJB. But the Time-Life DVD’s are probably better quality, as Time-Life probably used the original masters, whereas the “Gold” master would be a few analog generations from the original.
I'm wondering if I would have to buy the big Time Life box set or if I can buy the smaller cheaper one.

I came across this footage from a Japanese documentary called Carpenters Forever, which I believe was released in 2002. Unfortunately, only the second part is available here, so I wondered if anyone had the first part of the documentary? This is such a great documentary that I’ve never had the chance to watch it in full but has some great footage including some fairly high quality clips from their Talk of the Town performance in 1974. If anyone is able to share the rest of this programme would be greatly appreciated.

I think Ned Nickerson got it from the same DVD that I have, so the only difference if I were to upload it would be that it would be upscaled, since YouTube’s 480p compression is… not good.

I came across this footage from a Japanese documentary called Carpenters Forever, which I believe was released in 2002. Unfortunately, only the second part is available here, so I wondered if anyone had the first part of the documentary? This is such a great documentary that I’ve never had the chance to watch it in full but has some great footage including some fairly high quality clips from their Talk of the Town performance in 1974. If anyone is able to share the rest of this programme would be greatly appreciated.

I have the full programme... Sorry it's not in HD though, more like DVD/VHS quality!

You can download it here, will only be available for 7 days...

Carpenters Forever (2002).avi

I have the full programme... Sorry it's not in HD though, more like DVD/VHS quality!

You can download it here, will only be available for 7 days...

Carpenters Forever (2002).avi
Considering that it was a variety show, the show was probably shot on videotape to save money, so there wouldn’t be any film to remaster in HD. And DVD would be of a higher quality than the original broadcast masters.

Back
Top Bottom