šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

Nothing here in the U.K. So far!
I've not had any emails since the one informing me that the signed photo was no more (that was months ago). I forget all about the vinyl until I come on here and think "oh yes, I've ordered that!"

Reactions: Sue
Mine is in Terre Haute, IN. So just has to travel across Illinois and end up on my porch by tomorrow night.

UPS shows mine will be delivered Friday the 23rd. Universal says I will be receiving the signed litho with my white vinyl. Hadn't others said that was no longer being sent? As usual, I am totally confused.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s a U.K. thing but I was told my Lithograph had been cancelled and it hasnā€™t been available to order in the official store over here for months sadly!

This might have been discussed already, but I noticed the track listing for the vinyl release on Amazon differs from the list on the official site.

OFFICIAL SITE
A1. OVERTURE
A2. YESTERDAY ONCE MORE
A3. HURTING EACH OTHER
A4. I NEED TO BE IN LOVE
A5. FOR ALL WE KNOW

B1. TOUCH ME WHEN WEā€™RE DANCING
B2. I BELIEVE YOU
B3. I JUST FALL IN LOVE AGAIN
B4. MERRY CHRISTMAS DARLING

C1. BABY ITā€™S YOU
C2. (THEY LONG TO BE) CLOSE TO YOU
C3. THIS MASQUERADE
C4. SUPERSTAR
C5. RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS

D1. TICKET TO RIDE
D2. GOODBYE TO LOVE
D3. TOP OF THE WORLD
D4. WEā€™VE ONLY JUST BEGUN

AMAZON
Disc: 1

1. Overture (Side A)
2. Yesterday Once More (Side A)
3. Hurting Each Other (Side A)
4. I Need To Be In Love (Side A)
5. For All We Know (Side A)
6. Touch Me When We're Dancing (Side B)
7. I Believe You (Side B)
8. I Just Fall In Love Again (Side B)
9. Merry Christmas Darling (Side B)
10. Baby It's You (Side B)

Disc: 2
1. (They Long To Be) Close To You (Side A)
2. Superstar (Side A)
3. Rainy Days And Mondays (Side A)
4. This Masquerade (Side A)
5. Ticket To Ride (Side B)
6. Goodbye To Love (Side B)
7. Top Of The World (Side B)
8. We've Only Just Begun (Side B)

It will be interesting to see which one is correct...

I wonder how theyā€™ve separated Merry Christmas Darling and Baby Itā€™s You if the first tracklist is correct. It will mean a cold ending/cold opening for each track respectively.

It canā€™t be connected if both tracks are on different sides of the LP
If "Baby It's You" is on disk one, then it has to be on the same disk (and side) as MCD because it follows MCD.

Quick Lunch Time Pic
WOW it's here!!!

pJR0OMF.jpg

You know, I don't even remember ordering the one with the lithograph, but I must have. It arrived today. I only had time for a quick look at the first disk. It's white with an ochre colored label. I never had time to even look at the other one, nor open the lithograph. It was a crazy day around here. Last evening we noticed the house getting warmer and realized that something must have been awry with the air conditioning system. Not a pleasant prospect in Florida in August.

But we managed through the night with our ceiling fans on full tilt and it never went above 80 in the house. Fortunately the repair guy is nearby and came first thing this morning. The unit is still under warranty as it was just installed last summer. Meanwhile, we're spending a couple of days up the road at Disney starting today, so in the middle of the A/C battle, we were also packing. Little or no time left for a piece of Carpenters vinyl.

Now we've just settled in to the Wilderness Lodge for a three-day respite from the world.

You know, I don't even remember ordering the one with the lithograph, but I must have. It arrived today. I only had time for a quick look at the first disk. It's white with an ochre colored label. I never had time to even look at the other one, nor open the lithograph. It was a crazy day around here. Last evening we noticed the house getting warmer and realized that something must have been awry with the air conditioning system. Not a pleasant prospect in Florida in August.

But we managed through the night with our ceiling fans on full tilt and it never went above 80 in the house. Fortunately the repair guy is nearby and came first thing this morning. The unit is still under warranty as it was just installed last summer. Meanwhile, we're spending a couple of days up the road at Disney starting today, so in the middle of the A/C battle, we were also packing. Little or no time left for a piece of Carpenters vinyl.

Now we've just settled in to the Wilderness Lodge for a three-day respite from the world.

Have a beer at EPCOT for me, Harry! Preferably, one at each "country" in the World Showcase...Rose and Crown Pub being my favorite!

Well, it looks like I won't be listening to this anytime soon. I swear I have the worse luck. It's literally flashback to the Universal Box set fiasco. I opened my RPO white LP and opened the shrink wrap to find that the outside LP cover on the top right corner has a large crease/bend, it's a bit hard to see from the outside because it's white but the inside is dark gray and it's so noticeable. I said I could deal with that so I open the LP's to find the same issues I had with the box set.

Both Lp inner labels near the holes are ripped and also contain plastic junk jammed in the hole that I cannot get on my turntable spindle.
It get's worse, LP #2 (black label) has a jagged chunk of plastic ripped on the edge of the LP. It is clearly a defect. It's quite large.

I have sent pics and an email to UMe requesting a replacement. I guess I should have it by what 2020?
I swear this is really upsetting to me.

Back
Top Bottom