šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

I got me digital download as soon as I paid the Carpenters site for the white vinyl and litho. I never used it though. I donā€™t think it will download to iTunes anyway. Not sure....I bought the iTunes updated version a couple of months ago to hear the newly tinkered work.

Still waiting in U.K. for dispatch! Goodness knows whatā€™s going on with Litho being cancelled!

I opened my box today. Lithograph in tube just like the picture above. I bought the white vinyl. The labels arenā€™t very well made and the inner sleeve on disc two was placed in sideways. The plastic lining was glued to the paper sleeve and in turned inside out when I went to remove the vinyl. It was glued that way, and I had to throw it away. Lucky me, I have extras from the replacement vinyl from the box set.
UMG really does lack any quality control in their production. Itā€™s a shame the worldā€™s largest music company had so many flaws. Watch out for that hurricane Harry! You too Gary. Hope it goes another route.

I look at it this way for $60.00 I expect some kind of quality, I fully understand some pops and crackles as it's going to happen with vinyl but what I got was a hot mess. The sad part is I want the vinyl and I'm dealing with UMe who is allowing this junk to go out...thank goodness they sent this crap one to someone who is kind, patient and a devoted Carpenters fan. :rolleyes:

Sorry, Rick. Thatā€™s total crap this is happening again!

I opened my box today. Lithograph in tube just like the picture above. I bought the white vinyl. The labels arenā€™t very well made and the inner sleeve on disc two was placed in sideways. The plastic lining was glued to the paper sleeve and in turned inside out when I went to remove the vinyl. It was glued that way, and I had to throw it away. Lucky me, I have extras from the replacement vinyl from the box set.
UMG really does lack any quality control in their production. Itā€™s a shame the worldā€™s largest music company had so many flaws. Watch out for that hurricane Harry! You too Gary. Hope it goes another route.
I had that same problem with a few of the LP's from the box set, it almost seemed like they just jammed in the LP and didn't care because the paper sleeves were bend and folded and wrinkled, just poor work. Now with this happening again to me I have to wonder if the people that work in this pressing plant really hate their job because it shows in the product they are pushing out.

The sad part is they don't care if you complain and want a replacement, they need to fix the issues in their plant and produce a product that is worth the money they are charging. After this, I don't think I'd ever buy another LP produced from Universal. I have a shelf full of old vinyl from the 70's 80's some pre-owned and some I bought sealed and I never had any of these issues like I've had with Universal.

I fully agree. I just listened to side 1 & 2. Full of pops and it actually skipped. Something like glue on the record. I canā€™t see it, but can feel it there on the white vinyl. Actually far worse than the box set, which most of us had to have replacement copies sent. Really inferior expensive products. I hope my black vinyl from Amazon is better, but I doubt it.

I've just seen on Amazon Uk that my vinyl is not being released until 13 September....

I was lucky. Both of the disks play fine. Some pops and crackles but not enough to distract from the listening experience. No skips at all. The packaging and lithograph are in good shape. The way I feel about it, I got a "greatest hits" record on white vinyl. It's a novelty I can add to my collection. And it only took 8 months to get here!!:thmbdn:

That's pretty much my feeling. I had a little time today back home to do some more thorough, but quick, examinations.

There was a little tear in the label of the first disk around the hole and a tiny piece of white plastic that was easily removable with my fingers. This is not a big deal to me.

The disks do indeed have sharp edges - again no big deal.

I played the Overture on Side One. It had a few pops, no worse than many vinyl albums, maybe a couple more than usual. Hard to say, but there was nothing egregious.

The record fit down over my turntable spindle with no problem. Very smooth fit. Side One and Two looked to me like the grooves were slightly off center, but again, barely noticeable. No worse than other vinyl I've dealt with.

Record One had a slight discoloration in the white vinyl - a line of darker color. No biggie there.

Disc Two's label looked much better in regard to the tearing at the hole. I don't think I noticed any problems at all.

Disc Two's record also fit nicely on the turntable's spindle, and it didn't have any noticeable off-center-ness.

On Disc Two, I played "Ticket To Ride" and danged if Richard didn't once again produce goose-bumps with this fifty-year-old record. That one always seem to get to me.

On the whole, I think I got a keeper. Not the purest, cleanest vinyl I've ever heard, but I'm not looking to send it back or anything.

^^ I agree with you Harry on Ticket To Ride. That was the one track that really stood out. It was the one that benefited most from the latest technology and the RPO treatment.

Ah, that track ALWAYS gets me. It did so on the first album, in concert, on the SINGLES update, the SACD version, and now the RPO.

Richard knows how to push my buttons with that song.

I got a reply from Universal this evening asking if I wanted a replacement or refund and to reply back. Just like I mentioned before they don't really read your emails as I specifically asked for a replacement when I sent those defective pics. So I will be getting a replacement. Now if they send me the black vinyl in the mail I'm going to flip out. :laugh:

Are they asking you to destroy the white vinyl?
Surprisingly, No. I would have mailed them back if they asked and provided a return receipt postage paid.
They are clearly defective but I'd love to make something decorative out of them like I've seen artwork made out of records like a LP melted to make a decorative bowl (not sure how to do that or how it would work) I couldn't use the one that has a huge chunk missing from the edge but I could do something with the other one just not sure what. I'll probably just end up throwing them out in the trash.

The second white disc is very noisy too. Especially through most of WOJB. Mega pops and ticks.
Think I may ask for a replacement too. Amazon sent an email today saying my black vinyl will be here tomorrow. I hope itā€™s better.

Surprisingly, No. I would have mailed them back if they asked and provided a return receipt postage paid.
They are clearly defective but I'd love to make something decorative out of them like I've seen artwork made out of records like a LP melted to make a decorative bowl (not sure how to do that or how it would work) I couldn't use the one that has a huge chunk missing from the edge but I could do something with the other one just not sure what. I'll probably just end up throwing them out in the trash.
You could always turn it into a clock!

The second white disc is very noisy too. Especially through most of WOJB. Mega pops and ticks.
Think I may ask for a replacement too. Amazon sent an email today saying my black vinyl will be here tomorrow. I hope itā€™s better.
Let me know how the black sounds compared to the white. I was originally going to order both but decided to cancel the black.

When they emailed and said a replacement would be sent, I specifically asked if they would send a label for me to return the black vinyl. She said no, for me not to worry about it.
I then got an email that it shipped. The wording on the email mentioned both black and white vinyls.

So either the wording was wrong and Iā€™ll receive the black or since I mentioned the skip on the white vinyl, I may end up with both. šŸ¤Ŗ

The reply.

Thanks for reaching out to us, and thank you for your patience. We won't ask you to go to the inconvenience of sending this item back to us! Our apologies for any confusion.

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns

Back
Top Bottom