1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Harry, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Song4uman

Song4uman Well-Known Member

Got my Target cd. Case is cracked so I will use a case from another cd I have.

2. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

My cd-Japan has shipped. My Amazon arrived yesterday.
    I am listening a few times in full, before assessing.

3. Sue

Sue Active Member

uk
    My japan cd has arrived in the U.K. Hopefully not long before I can listen to postman!

4. Eyewire

Eyewire Well-Known Member

Got my CDJapan disc today. Had to drive through flooded roads to get to the local Fedex depot but it was worth it. :)

I also have the Target CD coming in the mail...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Sue

Sue Active Member

uk
    Gutted my japan cd arrived and I wasn’t in! I have to collect it from the post office tomorrow! I only have the Amazon MP3 download because the U.K. cd is going to be a Xmas present from my grandson so patience is required!
    Can I ask a question please?
    I sent the mp3 to my iTunes so I could burn a disc(I don’t know how to do it on Amazon music). Having burned the disc my car player is saying cd error! Is there anything I need to do to the files before burning another disc? The blank discs are good quality.

6. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

Why didn’t they just post it through your letterbox?

7. Sue

Sue Active Member

uk
    It’s to be signed for and I guess the neighbors were out.

newvillefan likes this.
  8. byline

byline Active Member

It depends on the size of the mailbox. I wonder if it's too large a package to leave there. Mailboxes are a luxury where we live. Our town is so small that there's no at-home delivery, so (unless it's UPS or some other shipping service) we have to pick up everything at the post office.

Edit: Ah, I see Sue's post above. Having to sign for it makes sense.

9. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

Here in the UK most homes have a generously-sized letterbox and with most couriers you can specify where around your property you’d like it to be left if it won’t fit, including your front porch, garage, rear gate or even specify another location or nominate a specific neighbour. That said if it had to be signed for, all this is academic anyway :laugh:

Enjoy it when you finally get your hands on it Sue!

Carpe diem, Sue and Nawvish74 like this.
  11. My postman texted me while I was at work "package in poly tunnel" I live in rural Ireland.

newvillefan likes this.
  12. lotus

lotus Active Member

Hello Sue,
    You can Google the words "make CD iTunes". You can find many instructions.
    I suspect that you made a mistake at the "Burn Settings" window.
    There is 3 selections to burn CD, such as "Audio CD"/"MP3 CD"/"Data CD or DVD".
    The "MP3 CD" is a new format. It has a different format than the normal music CD.
    The latest CD player can play it, but, the old player cannot.
    So, if your car player is the old one, you have to select the "Audio CD".

Sue likes this.
  13. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

MP3 CD isn't a new format....it's been around for many years and just means the CD has mp3 files on it instead of regular redbook CD audio files.

Any CD player that can play mp3's will usually have the legend "MP3" on the front panel somewhere. If a particular player can't handle mp3's, then the disk will eject or an error message will display.

Sue likes this.
  14. Sue

Sue Active Member

uk
    Thankyou I will have another go at it!

15. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    My Japan CD has finally arrived in NY...it won't be long now.

16. Eyewire

Eyewire Well-Known Member

Tonight I saw four copies of the Carpenters With The RPO CD prominently displayed at the checkout lane of my local London Drugs. Hopefully this will result in some impulse purchases for some people. :)

Nawvish74 likes this.
  17. Sue

Sue Active Member

uk
    I’ve got my japan cd can’t wait to play it!

18. Sue

Sue Active Member

uk
    The carpenters ad has just been on U.K. channel 3. Nice to see it at peak time! It’s also on Drama frequently late night.

no1kandrfan likes this.
  19. Song4uman

Song4uman Well-Known Member

Just saw the commercial on the Hallmark Channel!!!!!!

20. Portlander

Portlander Active Member

Has anyone received their CD from the Official Carpenters Store yet? I got the actual download a while ago and I realize that the albums do not ship until February 7th or later. Already bought the CD from Target and I notice people are getting their Japan CD's in the mail, but nothing on the Carpenter Store purchases unless I missed something? Thanks

no1kandrfan and Matthew Smith like this.
  21. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

^^Ordered the CD from Amazon, said it would
    Do you have "Porch Pirates" in the UK? A "Porch Pirate" (too nice a term for me to call them) here in Northern California (especially in the suburban areas; Sacramento, the Bay Area, etc.) steals your package off your porch. Nice huh?! I'm in a rural area and there are a lot of guns up here, so it's not such a problem. :)

22. Matthew Smith

Matthew Smith Member

I got a reply that the release date is Feb 8, which makes no sense since the CD release was December 7. I wonder if they mean the lithos won’t be ready till Feb 8. I replied to their reply asking for clarification today. No response yet.

Portlander likes this.
  23. no1kandrfan

no1kandrfan Active Member

I was wondering the same. No notice of shipping, but I did get the download availability email.

Portlander likes this.
  24. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

Odd, you would think that a record company site would want to get it into the customers' hands as close to release date as possible. Maybe they're having some third-party distributor do their fulfillment for them (since record companies aren't exactly in the business of shipping single copies of new releases) and that outfit is falling down on the job....?

Portlander likes this.
  25. Portlander

Portlander Active Member

Thanks for the replies, I feel better knowing it wasn't stolen off my front porch. Am surprised at the two week (so far) delay in shipping.