šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

I have no pony in this race--I'll proba
The only reason I can figure that such an email would be sent, besides incompetence,
That was my point. Everyone else on the planet apparently knew the release date for vinyl was February, even Richard's PR (who pushed that out to social media weeks ago). Yet their email acts as though they just discovered :idea: it was February rather than December (and are doing us a favor by telling us what they didn't realize we already knew :D ).

Lead times at the vinyl pressing plants have been backlogged for years. Pretty much a given these days, even though new pressing machines are going online (Third Man, QRP, etc. among others). UMe wants the digital versions rushed out before the holidays (so this release isn't a "stiff"), rather than wait for vinyl production to catch up, and release digital/vinyl simultaneously like many are doing now for new releases. That was even a major issue with the delays for Herb Alpert's reissues a few years ago--they wanted all physical versions available for release at the same time. Interesting times!

I have no pony in this race--I'll proba

That was my point. Everyone else on the planet apparently knew the release date for vinyl was February, even Richard's PR (who pushed that out to social media weeks ago). Yet their email acts as though they just discovered :idea: it was February rather than December (and are doing us a favor by telling us what they didn't realize we already knew :D ).

Lead times at the vinyl pressing plants have been backlogged for years. Pretty much a given these days, even though new pressing machines are going online (Third Man, QRP, etc. among others). UMe wants the digital versions rushed out before the holidays (so this release isn't a "stiff"), rather than wait for vinyl production to catch up, and release digital/vinyl simultaneously like many are doing now for new releases. That was even a major issue with the delays for Herb Alpert's reissues a few years ago--they wanted all physical versions available for release at the same time. Interesting times!
I never thought of it that way. Makes sense.

My fears about Target stores are that they are not as diligent about putting out new stock on release day as they used to be. I went looking for The Beatles WHITE ALBUM 50th Anniversary set a couple of weeks ago and on release day it was nowhere to be found. I recall similar things about various STAR WARS and STAR TREK sets, where I had to pester someone to go into the stock room to locate the item. I hate doing that.

I've ordered the Target CD and have no idea when it will arrive. My Amazon order is supposed to be here on release day, but I always get my mail late in the day. Who knows when CDJapan will get their copy to me?

I have a Target 5 minutes from where I live. So I'm going to go there on December 7th and if they don't have it I ill order from Target.com. On their website it says

Delivered on or shortly after Fri, Dec 7 to 10954 when you preorder online

So do you think if I pre-order it now I will actually get it on the day of release.

Well this will be the last I talk about this since we should keep this thread about the new release. But what I went through on 12 LP set of the Vinyl Collection and then to get an email like that about this new release saying, "we've just been informed that our vinyl has encountered a brief delay" "lengthy process and delays" well those are not encouraging words for me. The whole email doesn't make sense because it wasn't needed since Feb 8th was the official date all along.

I still remain optimistic.

Optimistic, but do you get a sense of Deja-vu :)
I`m not buying the vinyls till I see or read what their like.

So do you think if I pre-order it now I will actually get it on the day of release.

I don't know about Target, but with Amazon you do get it on the day of release. (If they can do that in this area they should be able to do it almost anywhere!)

That's precisely why I ordered from both Amazon and Target. Too impatient to wait until Target can deliver 3-6 days after the release date but don't want to miss the bonus track either. I've been an impatient mess waiting for the 7th as it is. It feels like I'm a kid again counting the days until Christmas. It's amazing how Carpenters music still has that effect on this old jaded heart after all these years.

I pre-ordered the white vinyl; whether it was a good move or not will be determined. I also ordered the CD and "Interpretations" while I was at it. It is the first new Carpenters music I have ever ordered. I do have several LPs I got 2nd hand from ebay in various states of trauma. The "Interpretaions" CD has since arrived and I am thoroughly enjoying it. In fact, to establish a basic Carpenters collection, I think CDs are the way to go. Buying used vinyl on ebay and other similar sources is too risky and you definitely get what you pay for.

Just FYI, I did an online chat with Target to find out what the "target exclusive" was. They had no clue.

Amazon has a CD for this release, listed as Japan Version/Import, with 'not available'. I'm hoping we'll have the opportunity to order at some point.

Regarding the bonus tracks: A question was posed on the Target website and the reply was the bonus track is "Those Good Old Dreams." In Japan the bonus track is "Please Mr. Postman." Two good sources are CD Japan and Amazon.co.jp which has an English translation option.

Yes, BUT - the answer sites as their source "a Carpenters online forum". You think that might be us? I do, as we've made an educated guess as to what track it must be if it's to be truly "exclusive". Nothing's written in stone yet. Stay tuned.

^^ā€œRegarding the bonus tracks: A question was posed on the Target website and the reply was the bonus track is "Those Good Old Dreams."

This forum is more powerful than I thought :laugh:

So Iā€™m at Target now and this really cool guy checked his magic phone and pulled the numbers off the website. Before it showed on the way...now it says the CD will arrive on Wed, he said they would for sure check the back for me. I hope that guy is there on Wed. It looks like I have another date w Target.

On the Target website, pre-orders are SOLD OUT!

Wow now I am really bummed. I honestly didn't think to pre-order this. I have a Target store 5 minutes from where I live and I hope on Friday they have them on the shelves. It never occurred to me that this would sell out on line. I wonder if Universal(who I'm guessing pressed the Target version) will press more copies for Target or this is it? What do you think Harry?

Thanks

Scott

Well I ordered the download amazon version and asked my daughter for the physical CD for xmas. I've ordered a white vinyl for February so have really treated myself. Then I read about Target and selling out pre ordered so checked on CDjapan. It said a few left for first release bonus pre order so not wanting to miss out, I've ordered one from them as well!!
Apart from "The Nations Favourite" I have never been in on a Carpenters new release (I'm old enough but just didn't appreciate how fantastic they were in my younger years) so I am thoroughly enjoying the experience! So THANKYOU Richard Carpenter for doing this and KAREN for leaving us with such a legacy!

Back
Top Bottom