📣 News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

I ordered my Target exclusive Nov 3 and my app order status has changed to preparing for shipping. It looks like the store may only carry the regular CD. The last 2 stores I have been in have shrunk their CD shelves in half.

I just had to say hell with it and go ahead and order the CD from Japan, as well as the vinyl from Amazon. That makes all 4 versions available (Amazon CD and Vinyl, Target CD and Japan CD). That's pretty much my entire Christmas gift list to myself this year, as well as a few extra stocking stuffers for family and friends.

I just had to say hell with it and go ahead and order the CD from Japan, as well as the vinyl from Amazon. That makes all 4 versions available (Amazon CD and Vinyl, Target CD and Japan CD). That's pretty much my entire Christmas gift list to myself this year, as well as a few extra stocking stuffers for family and friends.
We’re in the same boat..I won’t be able to eat lunch for weeks and Starbucks forget about it. :laugh:

I ordered my Target exclusive Nov 3 and my app order status has changed to preparing for shipping. It looks like the store may only carry the regular CD. The last 2 stores I have been in have shrunk their CD shelves in half.
I also ordered my Target CD on November 3rd. It is still showing a delivery date of December 10 to the 13th for me.

My fears about Target stores are that they are not as diligent about putting out new stock on release day as they used to be. I went looking for The Beatles WHITE ALBUM 50th Anniversary set a couple of weeks ago and on release day it was nowhere to be found. I recall similar things about various STAR WARS and STAR TREK sets, where I had to pester someone to go into the stock room to locate the item. I hate doing that.

I've ordered the Target CD and have no idea when it will arrive. My Amazon order is supposed to be here on release day, but I always get my mail late in the day. Who knows when CDJapan will get their copy to me?

Last night I looked at the Target circular that came with my Sunday paper and there was no mention of the RPO release. They only advertised the soundtrack to the new Mary Poppins movie & a release by an artist named Brett Young as being this week's new releases.

CD Japan has the bonus track listed as Please Mister Postman.
Yeehaw. All three #1s intact. Has anyone yet learned of the U.S. Target bonus track information. This release has the potential to shoot up le' charts to #1. It may ship Platinum. This would become the duo's second #1 album. In 1973 The Singles 69-73 hit the top. Lightening always strikes twice in my world.
Oh ya, naysayers choke.
I mean that lovingly...sort of.

I just received this:

Just letting you know that an item from your order has shipped, and we've processed your payment of $14.06. If you have any questions, check out your order details page. Thanks for shopping Target.
Standard shipping

CD Japan has the bonus track listed as Please Mister Postman.
Yeehaw. All three #1s intact. Has anyone yet learned of the U.S. Target bonus track information. This release has the potential to shoot up le' charts to #1. It may ship Platinum. This would become the duo's second #1 album. In 1973 The Singles 69-73 hit the top. Lightening always strikes twice in my world.
Oh ya, naysayers choke.
I mean that lovingly...sort of.
Yeah, the haters can bite me. Lovingly, of course. :rotf:

My Target still only says shipping, but nothing about shipped yet. . No US postal service tomorrow so maybe a slight delay.

From the UK:
10 Things You Need to Know This Week December 3-9 | BBC America

2. WHAT TO LISTEN TO FOR A TOUCH OF CLASS
Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
"London’s Royal Philharmonic Orchestra has previously added a fresh, elegant spin to the back catalogs of Elvis Presley and Aretha Franklin. Here they team up with Richard Carpenter to add lavish orchestral arrangements to the original vocal and instrumental tracks from 17 classic Carpenters songs including “(They Long To Be) Close To You,” “Superstar,” and “Rainy Days and Mondays.” Dropping Friday, the results should shine a new spotlight on the late Karen Carpenter‘s remarkably pure and emotive voice."

As of right now 11:30 EST Target.Com has the bonus track version online to order. Maybe they received more copies. Anyway I was stupid for not pre-ordering it when it first was announced and placed my order today. I figured I would post this for anyone that didn't order the Target exclusive version.

Thanks, Scottb. I just purchased it hoping that that means we'll get the bonus track. Let's cross our fingers for "Those Good Old Dreams"!

Received a confirmation email today from Target - product shipped!

Edit: Really glad to hear that "Postman" is the mystery track!

Do we know yet from any source if Those Good Old Dreams is going to feature on any release in any territory as a bonus track or has it been consigned to the editing room floor permanently?

Good news! Got notice that my Target editin if the cd just dispatched and I only ordered it today.

My Target order is on the way via UPS. I thought it might be coming in US postal so hopefully this will be faster.

Back
Top Bottom