šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

I am in Australia and just called up my local music shop and the shop staff confirmed that the CDs are actually in the store now (not displayed of course ), but they cannot sell it to me until tmr!

My copy is being "dispatched" from Amazon today for delivery tomorrow... Strangely from Scotland! I live in Cheshire, North west England so why it's coming from Scotland I don't know.

When last I checked, my Target CD is in transit through UPS and has just left Jacksonville, FL. Meanwhile, Amazon reports that the regular CD is in Ruskin, FL. So both of mine are at least in the same state I live in.

^^ That's awesome Mike! I also am getting mine shipped from Amazon and I will be heading out the door shortly to the Post Office to see if it is sitting in my box!! :goodie: Keeping fingers and toes crossed (not while driving though). Great days indeed for Carpenters fans!!!

No such luck. Did not arrive today...I think what Amazon predicted between the 10th and the 13th of this month is going to be accurate in my case. It will be difficult to "steer clear" of all the reviews that will be flooding into this forum in the mean time but I don't want my personal listening experience effected from outside influences in any way.

Neither my cdjapan nor amazon orders have shipped.
I can hardly wait to...
"just fall in love again"

Just picked up the only copy that my local Barnes and Noble had!!!!!!!!! (Why they only were given one copy, I can't understand).Trying to give them some love since they are struggling. My Target and Japan CDs are on their way. Target arrives Thursday the 13th and Japan is 2 day via FedEx. Can't wait to get off work and experience for myself. Giddy with anticipation!!:b-boogie:

This thread needs some pictures. I happened into a Target store this morning and spotted their three copies on the shelf. Mine's being delivered today, so I didn't need to pick one up, but it was nice to see them under "TOP HItS" and to view the back cover.

20181207_104825.jpg 20181207_104841.jpg

I'm dying to hear that bonus track! It hasn't surfaced anywhere online yet. Is it included on the UK editions as a bonus track? I ask because it came in at #1 in The Nation's Favourite Carpenters Song a while back.

This thread needs some pictures. I happened into a Target store this morning and spotted their three copies on the shelf. Mine's being delivered today, so I didn't need to pick one up, but it was nice to see them under "TOP HItS" and to view the back cover.

20181207_104825.jpg 20181207_104841.jpg

When I got to my local store at 8:15, they weren't even out on the shelf yet. An associate put them out after I inquired about it.

I'm dying to hear that bonus track! It hasn't surfaced anywhere online yet. Is it included on the UK editions as a bonus track? I ask because it came in at #1 in The Nation's Favourite Carpenters Song a while back.

Relax, some of us have yet to hear the album itself!

I preferred the vinyl from the official site. Ordered white and black vinyl. Just got three separate emails telling me my downloads were available.
Jonathan

I ordered the Japan version for the bonus track and itā€™s shipped so exciting
I did the same at lunch time. There's been no mention of a secret bonus track (Please Mr Postman) on the UK release so I'm assuming it's not on there. I'll get the UK CD at HMV tomorrow.

Reactions: Sue
Mr. UPS man has arrived with my Target version. He beat the USPS guy by a few hours, for sure, and he's bringing my standard Amazon version. I've not yet sat down to listen, but as I type this, the songs are ripping into my computer. I intend to give it all a listen today, probably very soon.

No-one has commented on the packaging - forgive me if you have - but I've only skimmed through the past few days posts. The CD is in a clear jewel-case, though the clear tray doesn't reveal anything other than a black background. The disc face itself contains an brownish-ochre-colored background with a white Carpenters logo at the top, A&M logo in its old customary 9 o'clock position, and "WITH THE ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA at 6 o'clock.

Booklet contains liner notes by Richard - already posted (thanks!) - and the standard credits and thank yous. Pictures are all modern in-studio shots of Richard and the orchestra and assistants. Karen and Richard are featured on the back of the booklet.

Back
Top Bottom