šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

There's just something about those Japanese versions of Carpenters albums. It seems like there's just a little extra love put into the manufacturing. Mine will be coming in about another week and the Target version should be here on Tuesday according to the tracking info.

There's just something about those Japanese versions of Carpenters albums. It seems like there's just a little extra love put into the manufacturing. Mine will be coming in about another week and the Target version should be here on Tuesday according to the tracking info.
Exactly. I'm thinking the same thing...there's a lot of love in those Japan editions. Can you imagine if the inside booklet is different than the US version? That's another reason I'm thinking of getting the Target one too. What if there are some additional or different photos inside? I wonder if the SHM will sound any better sonically to the non SHM. :wink:

Exactly. I'm thinking the same thing...there's a lot of love in those Japan editions. Can you imagine if the inside booklet is different than the US version? That's another reason I'm thinking of getting the Target one too. What if there are some additional or different photos inside? I wonder if the SHM will sound any better sonically to the non SHM. :wink:

That's why I've gotta have them all. Don't want to miss anything.

My order from cd-Japan states "in process,"
so, I am wondering if there were not enough physical copies stocked to ship on release day.
Seems rather unusual that my copy has yet to "ship."
Monday is the day I receive my Amazon order--that, also, seems unusually tardy.
Owning a physical copy is more important to me than a "digital download."
Call me old-fashioned.

Just received a text that my Japan CD arrives via 2-day FedEx by 10:30 a.m. Monday morning. My Target CD arrives Tuesday by UPS. Won't be at home when the Japan is delivered. Won't know until I get home if there are any "bonus" bonus tracks. Here's hoping.

Was just at V-Stock or whatever itā€™s called. They had one on the wall of ā€œjust arrivedā€.

My Target cd is coming on Tuesday. My 2 Amazon cds are being delivered right now.....except Iā€™m on the way home from seeing White Christmas in the theater.

I just had to say hell with it and go ahead and order the CD from Japan, as well as the vinyl from Amazon. That makes all 4 versions available (Amazon CD and Vinyl, Target CD and Japan CD). That's pretty much my entire Christmas gift list to myself this year, as well as a few extra stocking stuffers for family and friends.
I broke down and ordered CD from Japan, have
I just received the Japanese version. It's the same packaging, although the booklet is on much glossier paper. There is an additional booklet written in Japanese, which includes lyrics in English. No photos.

I broke down and ordered CD from Japan, have

I just received the Japanese version. It's the same packaging, although the booklet is on much glossier paper. There is an additional booklet written in Japanese, which includes lyrics in English. No photos.

Thanks for the heads up, friend. I appreciate it. Still a valued offering though I'm sure.

By the way, I'm out of touch with the Japanese releases. This will be the first one I am purchasing in a long time. Does anyone know if they still come with the paper obi for the most part? It has always been one of my favorite parts of the Japanese album package in general, and when buying a previous release for my collection, I won't get it if the obi isn't intact.

By the way, I'm out of touch with the Japanese releases. This will be the first one I am purchasing in a long time. Does anyone know if they still come with the paper obi for the most part? It has always been one of my favorite parts of the Japanese album package in general, and when buying a previous release for my collection, I won't get it if the obi isn't intact.

The Obi strip is there.

Mine just left Tokyo today so I guess next week is my delivery this whole waiting is wearing me out. Ha I may have to resort to those digital downloads I canā€™t stand it any longer. lol

Yeah those Obi strips are cool. The ones on the LPs are even nicer some have full photos of the artist on the Obi have some Carpenters and Olivia like that.

Mine just left Tokyo today so I guess next week is my delivery this whole waiting is wearing me out. Ha I may have to resort to those digital downloads I canā€™t stand it any longer. lol

Yeah those Obi strips are cool. The ones on the LPs are even nicer some have full photos of the artist on the Obi have some Carpenters and Olivia like that.

Search your feelings. Come to the dark side.

I really admire your will-power and perseverance. I would have run out to a local store to pick up an extra copy hours ago. It will be worth the wait in my opinion.

Just a little information for you.

[1] The First version of TTR, YOM is here.

Title: Ticket To Ride / Yesterday Once More / Merry Christmas, Darling
URL: ć‚«ćƒ¼ćƒšćƒ³ć‚æćƒ¼ć‚ŗ : Ticket To Ride / Yesterday Once More / Merry Christmas, Darling - éŸ³ę„½ć‚¹ćƒˆćƒŖćƒ¼ćƒŸćƒ³ć‚° - Deezerć§č“ćć¾ć—ć‚‡ć†

[2] "Plaese Mister Postman" is here

Title: Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
URL: ć‚«ćƒ¼ćƒšćƒ³ć‚æćƒ¼ć‚ŗ : Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - éŸ³ę„½ć‚¹ćƒˆćƒŖćƒ¼ćƒŸćƒ³ć‚° - Deezerć§č“ćć¾ć—ć‚‡ć†

If you can use VPN, change "Country" of your "IP address" to Japan.
And search the word "Carpenters Royal" on Deezer.
You might be able to find these 2 URLs.

I can understand the feelings of fans want to see/hear everything about Carpenters.
Because, I have also collected so many Bootleg CDs, VHSs, DVDs...

But, after you've heared all those songs (TTR, YOM, PMP),
You will find the best version of this beautiful album is
the "International version CD (without Postman)" .

Good Luck!

Bragging or complaining? :) It will keep you out of trouble at least for an hour or so.........

Haha neither. Just letting people know that there may be a possibility for early delivery depending on location. Sorry you're still waiting on yours. Hopefully the mailman didn't drown crossing the Pacific.

I know this is the wrong thread but I hope someone can help...I haven't listened yet but I ended up putting the songs in my iTunes library and I was almost deciding to just listen tonight but I checked the song info (in iTunes that's details about a specific song) and these downloads from Universal that came by email were all burned/ripped into mp3's as VBR (variable bit rate) and they range from 159 kbps to 202 kbps. Top of the World is 202 kbps and We've Only Just Begun is 169kbps.

Isn't this pretty poor quality?

Sorry...I should have posted this in the Universal Purchases thread...Darn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom