šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

My cd-Japan has shipped. My Amazon arrived yesterday.
I am listening a few times in full, before assessing.

My japan cd has arrived in the U.K. Hopefully not long before I can listen to postman!

Got my CDJapan disc today. Had to drive through flooded roads to get to the local Fedex depot but it was worth it. :)

I also have the Target CD coming in the mail...

carpenters-rpo-japan-front.jpg

carpenters-rpo-japan-back.jpg

Gutted my japan cd arrived and I wasnā€™t in! I have to collect it from the post office tomorrow! I only have the Amazon MP3 download because the U.K. cd is going to be a Xmas present from my grandson so patience is required!
Can I ask a question please?
I sent the mp3 to my iTunes so I could burn a disc(I donā€™t know how to do it on Amazon music). Having burned the disc my car player is saying cd error! Is there anything I need to do to the files before burning another disc? The blank discs are good quality.

Why didnā€™t they just post it through your letterbox?
It depends on the size of the mailbox. I wonder if it's too large a package to leave there. Mailboxes are a luxury where we live. Our town is so small that there's no at-home delivery, so (unless it's UPS or some other shipping service) we have to pick up everything at the post office.

Edit: Ah, I see Sue's post above. Having to sign for it makes sense.

It depends on the size of the mailbox. I wonder if it's too large a package to leave there. Mailboxes are a luxury where we live. Our town is so small that there's no at-home delivery, so (unless it's UPS or some other shipping service) we have to pick up everything at the post office.

Here in the UK most homes have a generously-sized letterbox and with most couriers you can specify where around your property youā€™d like it to be left if it wonā€™t fit, including your front porch, garage, rear gate or even specify another location or nominate a specific neighbour. That said if it had to be signed for, all this is academic anyway :laugh:

Enjoy it when you finally get your hands on it Sue!

Here in the UK most homes have a generously-sized letterbox and with most couriers you can specify where around your property youā€™d like it to be left if it wonā€™t fit, including your front porch, garage, rear gate or even specify another location or nominate a specific neighbour. That said if it had to be signed for, all this is academic anyway :laugh:

Gutted my japan cd arrived and I wasnā€™t in! I have to collect it from the post office tomorrow! I only have the Amazon MP3 download because the U.K. cd is going to be a Xmas present from my grandson so patience is required!
Can I ask a question please?
I sent the mp3 to my iTunes so I could burn a disc(I donā€™t know how to do it on Amazon music). Having burned the disc my car player is saying cd error! Is there anything I need to do to the files before burning another disc? The blank discs are good quality.

Hello Sue,
You can Google the words "make CD iTunes". You can find many instructions.
I suspect that you made a mistake at the "Burn Settings" window.
There is 3 selections to burn CD, such as "Audio CD"/"MP3 CD"/"Data CD or DVD".
The "MP3 CD" is a new format. It has a different format than the normal music CD.
The latest CD player can play it, but, the old player cannot.
So, if your car player is the old one, you have to select the "Audio CD".

Reactions: Sue
MP3 CD isn't a new format....it's been around for many years and just means the CD has mp3 files on it instead of regular redbook CD audio files.

Any CD player that can play mp3's will usually have the legend "MP3" on the front panel somewhere. If a particular player can't handle mp3's, then the disk will eject or an error message will display.

Reactions: Sue
Tonight I saw four copies of the Carpenters With The RPO CD prominently displayed at the checkout lane of my local London Drugs. Hopefully this will result in some impulse purchases for some people. :)

The carpenters ad has just been on U.K. channel 3. Nice to see it at peak time! Itā€™s also on Drama frequently late night.

Has anyone received their CD from the Official Carpenters Store yet? I got the actual download a while ago and I realize that the albums do not ship until February 7th or later. Already bought the CD from Target and I notice people are getting their Japan CD's in the mail, but nothing on the Carpenter Store purchases unless I missed something? Thanks

^^Ordered the CD from Amazon, said it would

Do you have "Porch Pirates" in the UK? A "Porch Pirate" (too nice a term for me to call them) here in Northern California (especially in the suburban areas; Sacramento, the Bay Area, etc.) steals your package off your porch. Nice huh?! I'm in a rural area and there are a lot of guns up here, so it's not such a problem. :)

Has anyone received their CD from the Official Carpenters Store yet? I got the actual download a while ago and I realize that the albums do not ship until February 7th or later. Already bought the CD from Target and I notice people are getting their Japan CD's in the mail, but nothing on the Carpenter Store purchases unless I missed something? Thanks[/QUOTE
I got a reply that the release date is Feb 8, which makes no sense since the CD release was December 7. I wonder if they mean the lithos wonā€™t be ready till Feb 8. I replied to their reply asking for clarification today. No response yet.

Has anyone received their CD from the Official Carpenters Store yet? I got the actual download a while ago and I realize that the albums do not ship until February 7th or later. Already bought the CD from Target and I notice people are getting their Japan CD's in the mail, but nothing on the Carpenter Store purchases unless I missed something? Thanks
I was wondering the same. No notice of shipping, but I did get the download availability email.

Odd, you would think that a record company site would want to get it into the customers' hands as close to release date as possible. Maybe they're having some third-party distributor do their fulfillment for them (since record companies aren't exactly in the business of shipping single copies of new releases) and that outfit is falling down on the job....?

Thanks for the replies, I feel better knowing it wasn't stolen off my front porch. Am surprised at the two week (so far) delay in shipping.

Back
Top Bottom