šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

Latest update from UME on CD/Litho deliveries from the ā€œOfficial Carpenters Storeā€-

ā€œThanks for contacting us! Unfortunately, there has been a production delay regarding your order. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this may cause. We currently expect your order to ship within the next 2 weeks, and tracking information will be provided upon shipment.ā€

^^"production delay"? Here we go again...I ordered the white vinyl via The Official Carpenters Store. I can't wait to see how they're going to screw that up!

Latest update from UME on CD/Litho deliveries from the ā€œOfficial Carpenters Storeā€-

ā€œThanks for contacting us! Unfortunately, there has been a production delay regarding your order. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this may cause. We currently expect your order to ship within the next 2 weeks, and tracking information will be provided upon shipment.ā€
Hopefully the production delay relates to them getting the proper mixes of TTR, YOM, etc. on the CD - if that's the case, I'd be happy to wait.

I don't need these for Christmas but I do need my copy for a trip to California in three weeks as it's a gift I'm giving someone on that trip. This process of purchasing thru UMe has been frustrating at best. I never received a confirmation from them of my purchase (but my credit card was charged), wrote to them about that and still never got any confirmation from them. First indication I had that they have my order was from the same message that Matthew Smith received (noted above) after I wrote to them for about the fourth time. If I don't have this in my possession by January 11th I'm going to dispute the charge with my credit card company and force the issue.

Not happy with Universal. Just found out my 13 year old daughter ordered the CD and T Shirt from them in November pre ordering the CD.
Now it is Christmas Eve, 3 emails later to Universal who couldnā€™t be bothered to reply to my daughter. She is quite upset that I now donā€™t have anything to open on Christmas Day from her.
I told her not to worry about it and that it would come eventually.
All is not bad as I myself ordered the Japanese CD which I received last Thursday.

I just got my copy of the CD from Japan. I didn't pick any speedy delivery service but went the cheapest route knowing that I really didn't need it fast. But it's here now, safe and sound. I'll check it out after the holiday hoo-hah is over.

Merry Christmas/Happy holidays.
Just for anyone in the UK I guess or maybe overseas also, Amazon UK have the standard RPO cd today for only Ā£6.99.

Just received the CD/Litho from UME (Official Carpenters Store) this morning. Shipped from Milwaukee. Came in a much larger box than expected due to the rolled up litho which was printed on a heavy grade of paper. Am giving the CD as a gift so I won't know what version of the two songs that have been discussed are actually on it.

Just received the CD/Litho from UME (Official Carpenters Store) this morning. Shipped from Milwaukee. Came in a much larger box than expected due to the rolled up litho which was printed on a heavy grade of paper. Am giving the CD as a gift so I won't know what version of the two songs that have been discussed are actually on it.
Itā€™s also sold out (cd w litho)...congrats.
I wonā€™t get my Litho till the records ship.

Yes to the album litho and I plan on getting it professionally framed to hang with my signed photo by both of them from 1976.

Am I the last one to get these products I ordered from UMe? I ordered the CD's w/Litho (2 of them) back in November and so far nothing. I'm getting close to disputing the charge on my credit card and saying the heck with it and ordering the CD's from Amazon. This beyond ridiculous.

^^I feel your pain. I never received the CD I pre-ordered and was promised would be delivered on Dec 8th by Amazon. Before I knew what happened, there was some sort of problem with handing off to the USPS and they couldn't deliver it, restocked it, and put the $$ amount back on my card. They said I could "re-order". By this time, I was so disgusted I didn't bother. I will wait for the vinyl I pre-ordered from The Official Carpenters Store that I guess is due to be shipped sometime in Feb. I think in the future I will just order off ebay. They seem to always get it here...

^^I feel your pain. I never received the CD I pre-ordered and was promised would be delivered on Dec 8th by Amazon. Before I knew what happened, there was some sort of problem with handing off to the USPS and they couldn't deliver it, restocked it, and put the $$ amount back on my card. They said I could "re-order". By this time, I was so disgusted I didn't bother. I will wait for the vinyl I pre-ordered from The Official Carpenters Store that I guess is due to be shipped sometime in Feb. I think in the future I will just order off ebay. They seem to always get it here...

Or you can just go to Target and pick one up. That's what I did after reading all the difficulties everyone was having. Of course, two days after I did that, the one I pre-ordered through Amazon came. Of course, that one didn't have the "Bonus Track," so it became a Christmas present for someone who appreciates Carpenters.

^^Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll just wait for the vinyl to arrive. I like the sound quality of vinyl better anyway. Just remember, Amazon's bungling of my order cost Richard a royalty on one CD!:biglaugh:

I pre-ordered the vinyl from the "Official" Store on Nov 1st. The last I heard of it was an email I got on Nov 15th saying there was a "production delay" and "is slated to ship on Feb 8th". Now if Nick is getting info of a vinyl release in the UK of March 15th, I'm quite sure they will not make the Feb 8th ship date here in the US. What's with vinyl production, is it really this complicated?!

Back
Top Bottom