šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

I finally gave up and contacted my credit card company and disputed the charges and had them wiped out. I was tired of the excuses and run around I was getting from UMe. I've bought other copies from Amazon and got them in 2 days. This has been very poor customer service in my opinion.

^^OMG! Makes me cringe to think what major league flub-ups are going to plague the vinyl distribution of this album.

I finally gave up and contacted my credit card company and disputed the charges and had them wiped out. I was tired of the excuses and run around I was getting from UMe. I've bought other copies from Amazon and got them in 2 days. This has been very poor customer service in my opinion.
This is just unbelievable. I canā€™t believe they waited so long. You were patient enough.

Are we expecting this sort of delay with the vinyl? I ordered in November when it still said release date 8th December. Iā€™ve had no notifications telling me it changed to feb or March? I have sent an email for an update.

The CD is identical to the regular CD already released, with no bonus track. Original CD versions of all songs.
Matthew, so I have this clear, your Cd doesnā€™t have the harp intro on YOM and doesnā€™t have the new stereo piano on TTR? Meaning your CD is not the updated Digital Download version?

If not, this has me a bit worried that the corrected versions will not be appearing on the LPā€™s. I would have thought the CD being sold from UME store would contain the updated version on CD. Hmm..

Matthew, so I have this clear, your Cd doesnā€™t have the harp intro on YOM and doesnā€™t have the new stereo piano on TTR? Meaning your CD is not the updated Digital Download version?

If not, this has me a bit worried that the corrected versions will not be appearing on the LPā€™s. I would have thought the CD being sold from UME store would contain the updated version on CD. Hmm..
That is correct. The tracks are identical to the ones on my Target version of the CD, with the exception of the fact that there is no PMP bonus track. There is no difference. I canā€™t understand why there was any delay in shipping these since they are not updated copies.

Hmmm. Then, I guess I'll burn a CD of my iTunes download and put it with my Target CD. I think most of us would have bought a 3rd copy to have the corrected CD. Universal, you blew it, would have made you a little more profit and increased sales numbers.

I just got this reply to my email from the carpenters store......

I can confirm Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra has the release date of the 15th of March 2019.

As standard shipping was selected all item will ship out together.

All this stuff with the wrong/unfinished version being shipped on CD, and the vinyl being delayed (and now apparently delayed again), along with the previous vinyl fiasco from a couple years ago....must drive Richard nuts. I'll bet he longs for the simpler days when the record would just be done, and he could move on to the next thing, and the main thing he'd be peeved about was the cover photos!

I pose a question to the members: What will arrive in the hands of Carpenters fans first; Randy's new book or the VINYL album??? If I receive the book on April 27th at the event as promised, my money's on the book!

I pose a question to the members: What will arrive in the hands of Carpenters fans first; Randy's new book or the VINYL album??? If I receive the book on April 27th at the event as promised, my money's on the book!

Given Universal's reputation on Carpenters vinyl so far, I'd go with the book as well.

I'm also still waiting for the CD and the T-Shirt from Universal in England, a Christmas present from my daughter ordered in November now 5th February. No correspondence from Universal. I only know what has been going on through this thread, so thanks for the updates.

I emailed the official store a couple of weeks ago and this was their reply..

Hello,

Thank you for the email.

I can confirm Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra has the release date of the 15th of March 2019.

As standard shipping was selected all item will ship out together.

Once they have be dispatched a confirmation email will be sent.

Kind Regards
Eloise
On behalf of Customer Services

Jared have you not gotten a copy of the album yet at all?
Just the download, Matthew. I felt it was good. I heard some distortion in places (as discussed in related topics/posts). I'm of the camp that wished for a bit more RPO treatment and a bit less of yet another hits compilation. Thank you for asking! Since it was a gift, I myself cannot cancel the order. Believe me, I would have!

Back
Top Bottom