šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

^^Me too Jonathan, I'm posting mine to share with the forum.
Received via email 2/7/19 at 10:35am PST:

An Update Regarding Your Order #XXXXXXXX
mail

We are reaching out to you regarding your order #XXXXXXXX from the Carpenters Official Store!

We've been informed that we've unfortunately run into a production delay on your vinyl that will be pushing the expected ship date back to March 15. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Rest assured that as soon as the vinyl arrives to our warehouse, we will get them turned around and shipped out to you!

Thanks for your patience and support,
Carpenters Official Store
Copyright Ā© 2019 Carpenters Official Store, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Carpenters Official Store
6055 N Flint Road, Unit #4
Milwaukee, WI 53209

I'm eagerly awaiting my NEXT email due around March 14th which will push-out the release date to around April 22nd??? That is my prediction anyway!:goodie:

Last edited:
I received an email today from Amazon UK saying that my order of the vinyl has now been played until 26 April!

"Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Carpenters;The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra "Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra [VINYL]"
Estimated arrival date: April 26 2019

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery."

At this rate I am beginning to wonder if Universal should wait until Volume 2 and put the vinyl out as a boxset! :tongue:

I see UMG vinyls for sale. Itā€™s like since itā€™s the Carpenters, theyā€™ll just work to not get it right.

Not really, just feels that way.

I'm actually glad that the vinyl was delayed...why? because I just cancelled my order with Amazon for the regular black vinyl. I realized that I already have 2 CD's Target and Japan and I have the digital copies too. I also ordered the white vinyl L/E and having the white vinyl will be more than enough for this release. I'm already over buying as it is....:laugh: so thank you Universal you saved me money with your constant delays. :laugh:

So just to set the record straight....I got the same email above that Carpe Diem posted that it was delayed to March 15. I haven't got the email that it's delayed again to April 26th like Nick posted above.

But this link confirms that even for the US fans...the vinyl has been officially pushed back to April 26th.

So the vinyl went from Feb 8th, to March 15 and now it's April 26th :sigh:
cueing up "Happy" because it is what it is....:laugh:

Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Limited Edition LP + Signed Litho

I originally did not think I wanted the vinyl, but if it should happen to turn out that the delays are being caused by Richard's tweaking, then I'll be happy to get it whenever it arrives.

I originally did not think I wanted the vinyl, but if it should happen to turn out that the delays are being caused by Richard's tweaking, then I'll be happy to get it whenever it arrives.
I imagine that Richard wasnā€™t happy with the way Universal botched the vinyl box set. I have a feeling that with this release, heā€™s not going to allow the LPs to ship until they meet his exacting standards. What are the chances that heā€™s examined samples, and then asked that they be redone (possibly more than once), which could account for the delays?

I also received word from the U.K. official store today.

Hello,

Thank you for the email.

I can confirm Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra has the release date of the 26th of April 2019.

As standard shipping was selected all item will ship out together.

Once they have be dispatched a confirmation email will be sent.

Kind Regards
Eloise
On behalf of Customer Services

Thank you Rick for the link. I ordered the autographed white vinyl just now. Expensive!!!!
I wonā€™t open it. Iā€™ll get the reg. vinyl from Amazon and play that one instead. Only for KC&RC.

Thank you Rick for the link. I ordered the autographed white vinyl just now. Expensive!!!!
I wonā€™t open it. Iā€™ll get the reg. vinyl from Amazon and play that one instead. Only for KC&RC.
Yeah it's a bit expensive but I wanted the autographed poster (even though I already have this same print framed) however for me I already bought 3 copies of the CD version and that just made me decide to cancel my Amazon order for the reg vinyl. I hope to be satisfied with the white vinyl. Did you get the white vinyl of Collected? I wasn't really crazy about the mastering on that one but worth owning for Karen's Theme and Still Crazy After All These Years.

Yes I bought both vinyl versions, but didnā€™t open them after the box set fiasco. I have the cd version as well. I bought 2 copies of the RPO at Target for the extra track. I really hope for a volumn 2. I would like ā€œYouā€ my favorite non hit to be on there somewhere, and Only Yesterday, maybe Solitare or A Song For You, and One Love.

I never bought the CD version of Collected so that was another reason I wanted the white vinyl version. I was quite surprised that Richard knew nothing of this release when it appeared. I'm also hoping there is a RPO Vol 2 what would be cool if he reached out to the fans on social media and asked what songs they would like to appear on Vol 2 sorta like what happen with "By Request"....for me Only Yesterday really must appear and I'd love to hear Solitaire, You're The One (probably my favorite album cut) and I'd really like to hear Tryin' To Get The Feeling Again make the cut. There are so many good album tracks that could make for an awesome Vol 2...just look at how fantastic Baby It's You turned out? That one is a sparkling gem.

Itā€™s kind of like hearing the Japanese 2 disc set ā€œTreasuresā€ in late 1987 or early 1988 for the first time, after Richard told me ā€œto get it,ā€since I was as he saidā€ quite the audiophileā€. Hmm
Hearing all those remixed songs and a new cut not released here until much later was a huge surprise. Little did we know that he would remix many many more cuts or use alternate takes and vocals to keep busy and fans happy later on.

I was late to the game on getting the Japanese 2 CD Treasures but finally got that one and so glad I was able to add that one to my collection. I've learned the hard way...get stuff when it comes out initially or pay a higher price. :laugh: Disc 1 is loaded with remixes and I was happy to hear them...I've always looked at the remixes as something extra since we always have the originals from analog vinyl. The gem for me was the remix of "I Can't Make Music"...Disc 2 is awesome another one of my favorite album cuts makes it way here "One More Time" this song was never a friend on vinyl unless you were lucky to get one free of any snap crackle & pop lol....it sounds so perfect on CD...when she says "I'll close my eyes and everything's alright" and "though I'm really far away" those lines gives me goosebumps like she is singing from the heavens down to me. It resonates in my heart.

Itā€™s to bad that Richard wouldnā€™t do more with the later stuff. It would be interesting to hear what those songs mightā€™ve sounded like with the D7.

According to MusicDirect.com, RPO ships June 21. They also list the other Carpenters 180g albums shipping March 6.

According to MusicDirect.com, RPO ships June 21. They also list the other Carpenters 180g albums shipping March 6.

This is getting ridiculous, three delays so far here in the U.K. they would have been better off not announcing the vinyl release until they had pressed it!, then we wouldnā€™t have all this dissappointment. Also why they havenā€™t sent the cd out to those who ordered both is really not on, itā€™s the least they could do as a goodwill gesture.

What I donā€™t understand is that why donā€™t the company who have accepted our payments let us know about the delays! Iā€™ve had to ask Carpenters store to confirm every time! If it wasnā€™t for the forum I wouldnā€™t have a clue!

Today I asked my partner, who had ordered the CD and LP as my Christmas presents (last year), to cancel the entire order. I never dreamed ordering from a band's OFFICIAL SITE would be the WORST possible site to order from.

Back
Top Bottom