šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

Target still has the special edition cd on line and I saw it at the store I shop at a couple of weeks ago. So sorry you havenā€™t received it yet. They should have sent it out in two shipments. Poor customer service.

Today I asked my partner, who had ordered the CD and LP as my Christmas presents (last year), to cancel the entire order. I never dreamed ordering from a band's OFFICIAL SITE would be the WORST possible site to order from.
Jared, so because your order had both the CD & LP they held up your CD because the LP hasn't shipped yet? If so that's pretty bad and worse that you had to ask the person who got it for you as a gift to undue it. There's no telling when the LP will even ship so I don't blame you for cancelling.

Jared, so because your order had both the CD & LP they held up your CD because the LP hasn't shipped yet? If so that's pretty bad and worse that you had to ask the person who got it for you as a gift to undue it. There's no telling when the LP will even ship so I don't blame you for cancelling.
Yes; thatā€™s precisely what happened. Iā€™ll probably pick up a copy at Target (if THEY still have it, that is!) LOL

Iā€™ve just had a reply from the Carpenters store saying they have not been advised of any change in the release date. Iā€™ve posted the email below. Letā€™s hope itā€™s april as previously promised!

Hello,

Thank you for the email.

I can confirm we have not been advised on a new date.

Kind Regards

Eloise

On behalf of Customer Services

Target website now says the vinyl release date is 6/21. Amazon still says 4/26. 6 months after the cd and digital versions. Really?
I hope the powers that be make it worth the extended wait.

OMG you got to be kidding me...seriously is this being pushed back again? What in the world is happening? Is there a vinyl shortage or something? :laugh: Closing pressing plants? :laugh:

If this is true they will have delayed the vinyl 4 times.

Last edited:
Iā€™ve just received an email from the carpenters store.....

Hello Sue,

Thank you for your reply.

We have not received any confirmation that there is a change to the release date for this item, and we are unable to comment on the stock/activities of other stores. Your order of Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra has been pushed back to a release date of the 26th of April. As soon as stock arrives we will ship all orders and you will be sent an email confirmation. However, should you no longer wish to wait, please let us know and we can cancel your order for you.

Kind regards

Hannah

Customer Services

So fingers crossed!

Amen. It was always a fun time to go browse in a record store, to discover treasures that you didn't know existed. I can think of so many examples of finding things in a record store that wasn't even aware of. And there was nothing like the feeling of going into a store on a release day to find that release that you'd been waiting for, and then making the purchase and taking it home to listen to (or even listen in the car in the cassette or CD age).

The closest I've come recently to that experience was with the subject of this thread. On release day, I happened to be in a Target store and saw their special bonus track issue on the shelves. Knowing that mine was coming in the mail that day, I didn't get the opportunity to rush home with my treasure. Instead, I had to wait for the mailman.

And even then I was denied the thrill of the first listen, since the Internet had already provided us with three tracks to sample before the album even came out. It's just not the same anymore. Harrummpphh!

I can tell you from personal experience, working in a record store, both locally owned and or chain types, it was the best 28 years of my life. Something new every Tuesday and it was great getting to hear all the new releases first. I miss the promotional swag as well as meeting the artists sometimes at trade shows or company meetings and events. The free concert tickets. We were so spoiled.

Some of my best "music memories" involve seeing a new release that I hadn't been aware of. I still remember walking by our local music store and seeing Herb Alpert's Christmas Album in the rack...I had no idea that was coming out and I had just recently been thinking "Herb should make a Christmas album."

Once we started selling LPs at the store, the coolest thing was taking the new stuff out of the box and seeing the creative packaging on the LPs. Carpenters albums of course were often creatively packaged even if the front covers were often a little blah. I liked gatefold covers especially. A good CD booklet is cool, but it just doesn't match the coolness of a well-done LP package.

Same here. We were in Chicago for our wedding weekend and the day prior we were walking around Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Illinois, when we stopped into a big record store. I spotted Carpenters LOVELINES, which I hadn't a clue was coming out.

And then there was another day in a Philly area store where I was checking out with something or other and my eye spotted Lani Hall's LO MEJOR DE LANI in the CD racks just across from the checkout area. As I'd only ever seen it on cassette, this was a big find for me.

The HMV store in Londonā€™s Oxford Circus is amazingly large as well. It would dwarf Tower Records Sunset Blvd Store. I could spend all day there.

The best record store I ever visited was in the Champs Elysees in Paris - a Virgin Records store that had no less than five stories. I spent literally hours in that place each visit.
I will never forget showing up there only to find they had been closed. My heart was broken. I had found so many treasures there. Fortunately there is still a FNAC on the Champs-ElysƩes and an even bigger one in les Halles.

Big record store chains are gone, but there are still independent record stores around.

Although I don't go anywhere near the mayhem of Record Store Day. One and done!

The best record store I ever visited was in the Champs Elysees in Paris - a Virgin Records store that had no less than five stories. I spent literally hours in that place each visit.
Me too! I visited this store several times. My wife left me there for hours while she shopped. I was so sad when it finally closed. I have found another vinyl/CD store in Paris that is at least 2 floors and the largest independent record store in Paris. I was there last October and the vinyl stock has grown.

Back
Top Bottom