šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

I have a feeling they will soon by refunding everyone that ordered the vinyl...I have a feeling the vinyl will never materialize for this Carpenters release. I have sent an email asking for a refund to my credit card of which they billed back in Nov 2018. I'll wait till it's actually released to order the vinyl if that ever happens. My excitement for this vinyl release has diminished.

I'm just going to wait it out. I want to see how they handle this when they admit they will not be able to deliver this product. They'll probably take the coward's way out and just refund our money and walk away from it with no explanation. If there is an RPO Vol 2, I will not buy it. Or any other "reworked" Carpenters classic from RC. Unless there is another magnificent "work lead" from Karen laying around that Richard can build a wonderful song around (like "Tryin' To Get The Feeling Again"), I'm not interested.

Last edited:
I just received an email from Umusic and they specified that itā€™s a PREORDER and is expected to ship around June 21st, with the usual you will be notified when it ships included. Iā€™m not holding my breath though. Fingers crossed maybe. I included Amazonā€™s new date of July 19th in my email to them.
Anyway letā€™s hope they can keep their word.

I just received an email from Umusic and they specified that itā€™s a PREORDER and is expected to ship around June 21st, with the usual you will be notified when it ships included. Iā€™m not holding my breath though. Fingers crossed maybe. I included Amazonā€™s new date of July 19th in my email to them.
Anyway letā€™s hope they can keep their word.
Yeah...but in the case of the Carpenters Official Store with the vinyl they were all Pre-Orders yet they charged your cc the moment you ordered instead of waiting until after the item ships (like Amazon does) so in my case...they have had my money for 6 months with no real reasons why the vinyl has been delayed 4 to 5 times now. Sorry I'm out and awaiting my refund. I didn't mind paying with the assumption I would be getting a product within 3 months but now it's been 6 and could be 7 soon. I wish they hadn't even mentioned the vinyl release until it was truly ready for production.

As frustrating as it is. Universal did come through with replacing the faulty albums in the boxed set. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll come through with this

Yes they were. I got a complete new set of vinyl, very well boxed yesterday. Each in a plain white cardboard slip case with insert. I didnā€™t have to destroy the old ones, and can just swap them out. I hope they are better than the originals. Iā€™ll find out this weekend.

Yes they were. I got a complete new set of vinyl, very well boxed yesterday. Each in a plain white cardboard slip case with insert. I didnā€™t have to destroy the old ones, and can just swap them out. I hope they are better than the originals. Iā€™ll find out this weekend.

Let me know. I havenā€™t listened to mine yet

I just wish somebody from Carpentersland would give some sort of explanation for the silly delay.

Unless Richard was so burned up about the box set fiasco that he's being overly picky about quality issues on this and they're having trouble getting him to sign off on it. That's my guess of what's going on.....but for Pete's sake, why can't Richard put out a note explaining what's going on so people would know? Especially the ones who have invested money already.

Hey
I cancelled my vinyl order as the date has now been moved to July. I will wait to order it when I see it actually being offered for sale
so is it possible to cancel the order if ordered on the universal/carpenters store website? If so, how? They have been holding the $$$ since before December with no product delivered. Thanks, Matt

I donā€™t understand whatā€™s going on they replied to me again saying as far as they were concerned release date was still June. That was last week in U.K.!

Universal replied to my email a second time and said they plan to ship on or around June 21st.
Amazon, Barnes & Noble and now Target all advertise July 19th. All way too late. Especially since Universal already has our money for months now. At least Amazon doesnā€™t charge until they ship the product.

I don't presume to speak for anyone's financial status, but I have this view:

Yes, they took money from us up front and have yet to deliver. We've been without that money now for months. Surely one's pocketbook could have adjusted to the lack of that money by now.

Let's assume that you do harass them and get your money back. Are you going to then re-order the item later with those same dollars? What was the point of shuffling them around from you to them and them to you and then back again? Are you losing that much interest on that money? Or are you planning to order something different from somewhere else? Or are you planning to just abandon the item altogether?

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong, but it just seems like it doesn't really matter how long I wait or have been waiting. I've already got and heard the CD and the different versions, and the files. This vinyl is more of a curiosity for the collection than it is a valuable recording. Then again, it may be...

I seem to recall learning somewhere that the reason for the delays was Richard's dissatisfaction with some of the tracks and that reworked tweaks were causing some of the delays. So it's at least possible that whatever comes out, and whenever, it might just be of value after all!

I agree. I didnā€™t ask for or demand a refund. I still want the albums, just a set back and continued postponement with no explanation. Iā€™m willing to wait longer if it means a better quality recording though. It will be here eventually or get maybe cancelled, and we will get refunds then.

It has been moved to July now I believe....like I said, once I see the LP version Available, I will purchase it. I try to purchase anything Carpenters either LP's or CD's....

I've been very slow with ordering the new vinyl pressings, I have "Lovelines" (my original copy was a Columbia Record Club pressing that has a laminated cover, that I have played quite a lot, the label is the same on both sides...a misprinting) & "Ticket To Ride", so far they sound really good. I know replacing them a few at a time is more costly, but I just don't want the hassle that so many of you have gone through

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong, but it just seems like it doesn't really matter how long I wait or have been waiting. I've already got and heard the CD and the different versions, and the files. This vinyl is more of a curiosity for the collection than it is a valuable recording. Then again, it may be...

Harry, you're not wrong. You've expressed my sentiments exactly. I'm not cancelling this order no matter how many delays there might be. There's an old adage that, "Good things come to those who wait." So that philosophy can be a comfort (if not way of life) to Carpenters' fans. Besides, I am thrilled knowing that I will one day have Richard's legitimate autograph!

Remember this creepy PS announcement?;

How bout this;

"Carpenters fans, it's June the 4th 2019, Do you know where your vinyl is?"

The biggest irritation of this is the fact they don't explain what the delay is. JUST EXPLAIN IT, for Pete's sake.

I've been in business over 40 years and I can say from many experiences that people will put up with almost any inconvenience if you tell them WHY they're being inconvenienced. If you just leave them hanging, that's when they get upset (and with good reason).

Received an email. They canā€™t change orders that have been placed. I would have to cancel the order and then place a new order.

Has anyone heard whether it will be released this month? The last email I got said it was still scheduled for June but Iā€™m not holding my breath!

I checked earlier this week and they still say expected to ship on around June 21st. All other sources like Amazon and Target give a release date of July 19th. I just hope it doesnā€™t warp in the summer heat. It was 108F
here in Bakersfield, Ca. on Wednesday. Not so kind to vinyl sitting in a mailbox.

Back
Top Bottom