šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

June 21st has come and gone and still nothing. Haven't even received an updated email. I ordered the White vinyl + signed lithograph.

It took me about 3 weeks and 4 or so emails to finally get a refund. They kept telling me they would find out what the delay was and I kept telling them I wasnā€™t interested in why....I just wanted a refund. Finally after 3 or 4 weeks they issued my CC a refund. They never did explain why there was a delay.

I had an email answered yesterday saying delayed till 19th July and no explanation as usual.

Just got this reply email:
Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, there's been a delay in receiving this inventory and we're currently working on obtaining an updated shipping timeline for you. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible!

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience and support,
CA + uMusic Customer Care

Just got this reply email:
Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, there's been a delay in receiving this inventory and we're currently working on obtaining an updated shipping timeline for you. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible!

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience and support,
CA + uMusic Customer Care
These are the same generic emails I got when asking for a refund. I donā€™t think anyone actually reads their emails. I went back and forth with them for weeks advising I was asking for a refund not an update. They had my money (over $100.00) since last yr, seriously Iā€™m just glad they finally refunded me. Iā€™d never pre order from Universal UME again. I might buy the white vinyl later if itā€™s ever released. Lol

If it's true that RC is still tweaking the sound of the vinyl record, how much longer could it be delayed? Well into 2020? If he ever gets done with it; the vinyl still needs to be manufactured, packaged, and trucked to distribution points. This is utterly ridiculous...

Last edited:
Me too. I have to force myself to abandon a project.

They should just push everyone's money back to them and tell them to order again when it really comes out.

Where Richard is concerned, the question is whether he's (a) still tweaking the mixes, or (b) being endlessly picky about quality of the vinyl product. I could see where the answer could be "b" considering what happened with the last vinyl project. But I do think somebody owes it to the people to explain WTF is going on. It's just rotten customer service to leave people in the dark.

This album better sound like the second coming of Sgt Pepper's with all the twitching, tweaking, tinkering, and twerking that Richard is doing to it!

I emailed them again and got an anemic reply thanking me for my patience and that they Umusic, was working hard to resolve the problem and delay. Thanks for your patience. Blah blah blah. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll order from them again either. The red vinyl Carpenters Collected,ships in about a week from Amazon. They emailed that on Saturday.

Latest email reply!

Thank you for your email.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

Unfortunately release dates are subject to change and I am unable to advise why this has changed multiple times. Reasons for changes can include manufacturing issues, legal issues to name a couple but we have not been given a reason for this example and is dealt with by the record label and the artists.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks,
Jon
Customer Services

Thatā€™s a better reply than I received here in the USA. Still not acceptable though. Red vinyl arrives Monday from Amazon.

Reactions: Sue
Thank you for your inquiry.

Concerning the multiple delays in releasing the "Carpenters with the RPO" vinyl LP,

I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing... NOTHING!!!

If we may be of any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
Sgt. Hans Schultz
Stalag 13 Universal Customer Service

:whistle:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Concerning the multiple delays in releasing the "Carpenters with the RPO" vinyl LP,

I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing... NOTHING!!!

If we may be of any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
Sgt. Hans Schultz
Stalag 13 Universal Customer Service

:whistle:

:laugh:
Nicely played, sir!

It wouldn't surprise me if the album didn't sell enough copies to justify the LP pressing. This isn't 1980 anymore. If an album doesn't sell, it's moved on from far more quickly. That may have happened here.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom