šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

Just had a memory on my FB feed where I had mentioned the upcoming recording with the Royal Philharmonic. 1 year ago.

The last email I received from the "Official Carpenters Store" on July 18th contained the following statement;

"Your Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra music product is now expected to ship in 3-4 weeks. Upon shipment, an email will be provided containing tracking information."

Their 4 weeks will be up this Thurs Aug 15th.

That means I should be receiving an email with the "tracking information" sometime this weekend! Oh Joy!!:goodie:

The last email I received from the "Official Carpenters Store" on July 18th contained the following statement;

"Your Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra music product is now expected to ship in 3-4 weeks. Upon shipment, an email will be provided containing tracking information."

Their 4 weeks will be up this Thurs Aug 15th.

That means I should be receiving an email with the "tracking information" sometime this weekend! Oh Joy!!:goodie:

Didnā€™t you hear? Itā€™s delayed because they are trying to press it on a 7-inch tri-micron disc! šŸ˜„

From Amazon:

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

Carpenters "Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra [2 LP]"
Estimated arrival date: August 30, 2019

Please visit Your Account xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for the most up-to-date delivery information about this order. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account at no additional cost.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

Probably changed it from "Prime Formerly Two-Day But Now Five or Six Day" service to something a little quicker to make up for the repeated delays?

I havenā€™t received that email yet.

Canā€™t wait to get the black and white vinyls AND the t-shirt that I almost forgot I had ordered.
Jonathan

I can't believe it. I just got a text from Carpenters Official Store that my order (white LP) has actually shipped! The UPS label has been created.

Perhaps as @Rick-An Ordinary Fool states, it is "August Fools Day." And so, the role of August Fool will be played today by a returning Jamesj75! (not the first time playing such a role)

My e-mail from Carpenters states that "Your order is on the way," with a "View your order" link, also accessing shipping information. So... we're making progress! :)

Geez what are we gonna have to talk about now that itā€™s shipped lol

Well considering what happened with the LAST vinyl release, there could be some interesting posts indeed over the next few days.

Well considering what happened with the LAST vinyl release, there could be some interesting posts indeed over the next few days.

This thread will run for a while, as everyone dissects the vinyl versions in comparison to the myriad tinkered CD and online versions released so far. Iā€™ve long since lost all interest in following the pointless audio facelifts but I just hope for everyoneā€™s sake that the vinyl doesnā€™t come complete with jagged, razor sharp edges and misshapen centre holes that the box set vinyl did.

I don't own a turntable so mine will be carefully opened due to curiosity, but won't be played. Have never been one to dissect the various releases/tracks for comparison purposes, I trust that to the audio experts on this site. I do plan on having the autographed litho professionally framed and I will find a suitable place in the house to hang it.

Back
Top Bottom