• Two exciting new Carpenters releases are in the pipeline! The new book Carpenters: The Musical Legacy will be available on November 16, 2021 and can be ordered here. A big thanks to the authors and Richard Carpenter for their tremendous effort in compiling this book! Also, the new solo piano album Richard Carpenter's Piano Songbook is being released January 14, 2022, and is available for ordering here.

⭐ Official Review Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Review and Comments Thread

How would you rate Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra?

• ⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕ (Best)

Votes: 33 35.1%
  • ⁕⁕⁕⁕

Votes: 43 45.7%
  • ⁕⁕⁕ (Average)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • ⁕⁕

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • ⁕ (Worst)

• Did not listen to this album yet

• Total voters

GaryAlan

I have a question.
Why is it that the digital versions of the RPO songs sound better than my Japanese-pressed cd ? Anyone else feel that way ?
I must say, I enjoy listening to the RPO album in digital format, as its sound is superior to my cd !

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I have to say the CD version was mastered very well considering how some newer cds suffer from loudness wars. I wanted the vinyl to top the Cd in sound quality but unfortunately it wasn’t meant to be. To be honest, I can’t tell much difference sound wise between the digital and the CD both are very very good.

tomswift2002

I have a question.
Why is it that the digital versions of the RPO songs sound better than my Japanese-pressed cd ? Anyone else feel that way ?
I must say, I enjoy listening to the RPO album in digital format, as its sound is superior to my cd !
As far as anyone knows, all the CD versions are RPO Version 1.0, while the digital downloads are RPO Version 5.4.8.1.3 or whatever number.

Version 1.0 features a number of things that were still being fixed, so you still hear things like the 1969 mono piano on the opening to “Ticket To Ride” while on Version 5.4.8.1.3 that has been replaced with a 2018 stereo piano recording.

CarpentersToYou

Somehow you brought the gambler out in me...
I listened to the version that is currently on Spotify in my car the other day and was surprised by all of the differences from the CD. Some good, some I don't care for as much.

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
I'm curious to check out the Amazon Music version and see what version it is... is there a quick way to verify if it's a "newer" version or not? Like some specific thing in a certain song?

Top Bottom