⭐ Official Review Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Review and Comments Thread

How would you rate Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra?

• ⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕ (Best)

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • ⁕⁕⁕⁕

Votes: 47 45.2%
  • ⁕⁕⁕ (Average)

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • ⁕⁕

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • ⁕ (Worst)

• Did not listen to this album yet

• Total voters
I can’t figure out why he didn’t go there when the album was first released.

Exactly my thoughts. This promotion should have been done in December 2018. Still, what a treat that we’ll have him back here. I can’t wait to see what TV shows he’ll be appearing on. Hopefully it will be mainstream channels.

Exactly my thoughts. This promotion should have been done in December 2018. Still, what a treat that we’ll have him back here. I can’t wait to see what TV shows he’ll be appearing on. Hopefully it will be mainstream channels.

Seen before that the Jonathan Ross show starts again... Maybe that? I hope he doesn't get dumped on Loose Women :laugh:

Seen before that the Jonathan Ross show starts again... Maybe that? I hope he doesn't get dumped on Loose Women :laugh:

My guess is he’ll hole up at some hotel in London (maybe the Park Lane again) and do the promotional interviews from there with whichever TV shows want to interview him. If that’s the case, he could well show up on the mainstream Breakfast TV shows as well as Loose Women, as other big names such as Agnetha Faltskog and Celine Dion have done in the past. So be careful what you wish for :laugh:

Can someone stand guard over at the Abbey Roads doorway just in case Richard makes an entrance? Feel free to play Druscilla Penny while waiting. You could also cue up the Abbey Road walkway on cam while waiting. :laugh:

My guess is he’ll hole up at some hotel in London (maybe the Park Lane again) and do the promotional interviews from there with whichever TV shows want to interview him. If that’s the case, he could well show up on the mainstream Breakfast TV shows as well as Loose Women, as other big names such as Agnetha Faltskog and Celine Dion have done in the past. So be careful what you wish for :laugh:
Can I please ask why “ park lane” again? Is there where they always stay?

I've seen interviews with Dolly all over UK t.v. this past week. Pre-recorded interviews with Sky News, This Morning, Good Morning Britain and Lorrain... I wonder if Richard will prerecord or appear live? There's also The One Show and late night shows like Graham Norton and Jonathan Ross which he could appear on.

I'm not in the know but I feel that there will be a Vol 2 from the RPO....why? Richard has even stated a few times in various interviews that a Vol 2 could be a possibility, maybe this is just from being interviewed and they ask him about releasing a 2nd album with the RPO. It could also be that Universal or those he worked with on this album have suggested why he doesn't consider making a Vol 2.

He is going to get asked this again I'm sure in the UK on his promo tour. In some of his past interviews on this album even he seems quite impressed with how great Karen's voice has been brought out with new technology being added to eliminate track issues on the originals thus allowing Karen to sound better.

Does anyone know from previous artists who have released RPO albums how far apart were Vol 1 to Vol 2 releases?

^Here are the release dates for recent RPO albums.

Elvis

If I Can Dream - Oct. 30, 2015
The Wonder of You - Oct. 21, 2016

Roy Orbison

A Love so Beautiful - Nov. 3, 2017
Unchained Melodies - Nov. 16, 2018

Aretha Franklin
A Brand New Me - Nov.10, 2017

Beach Boys
June 8, 2018

Carpenters
Dec 7, 2018

My guess Vol. 2 will come out early December 2019.

It would be fabulous if RC did a mini tour with the Orchestra or even a mini residency. I know I am dreaming big, but i would love a chance to see him on stage.

What if he's secretly recording the second edition whilst he's here this month? Maybe if they started now and released it before Christmas it could chart higher. I have no doubt that if the first one had been released earlier it would have gone top 3. Debuting at #8 at Christmas during the hectic release time frame is pretty impressive !

I still wonder if there's plans for a special performance with these tracks.
Does anyone think KC might get the hologram treatment?
By the time Vol.2 comes out that would be a good opportunity for an unforgettable Grammy performance.
It's possible.
If Richard could do a re-creation of the Top of the World promo video... it wouldn't surprise me.

... I wonder if Richard will prerecord or appear live? There's also The One Show and late night shows like Graham Norton and Jonathan Ross which he could appear on.

Simon, do you think Richard is a Graham Norton kind of guy? :)
But I hope we see him on some UK shows. Hoping it renews some interest in the RPO sessions.

That would be news to me. I haven't talked to Richard since September. Of course, there's the possibility that he's done with me and has found someone else. :laugh:

Let's hope not John. :) Hopefully the experience in making the first RPO album will guide the way to an even better volume II. Not that I'm holding my breath! I'm kind-of thinking too that the Volume I story isn't quite finished yet!

Back
Top Bottom