⭐ Official Review Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Review and Comments Thread

How would you rate Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra?

• ⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕ (Best)

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • ⁕⁕⁕⁕

Votes: 47 45.2%
  • ⁕⁕⁕ (Average)

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • ⁕⁕

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • ⁕ (Worst)

• Did not listen to this album yet

• Total voters
Nothing concrete planned, but if you want a Dark Version, you can download an add-in for Chrome or Edge called "Dark Reader" that will pretty much turn every web-page to a Dark Theme. Here's the way the RPO album looks on Dark Reader plug-in:

Resource DarkReader.jpg
How about on mobile?

Seems like "only yesterday" when this picture was taken. But it was December of 2018 - almost four years ago. The Target where I took the picture no longer has even *that* many CDs in the store - just a small rack with a couple of top hits.

20181207_104825.jpg

It's sad to see the demise of physical media. I have so many fond memories of opening album covers for the first time. At our store, I used to open a new box of LPs and pull them out one at a time just so I could get a full view of each title. CDs weren't quite as fun, but still fun to look at the booklets. Do kids of today even get excited about a new tune anymore, or is it all just matter of fact to them.... everything's always available so it's not much to get excited about?

Used to be whenever my wife would drag me out shopping with her, I would find either a music store or a book store to go hang out in while she looked at clothes or shoes. We still go shopping together but it's a much more boring experience for me these days! Unless we go to a hardware store or something.

It's sad to see the demise of physical media. I have so many fond memories of opening album covers for the first time. At our store, I used to open a new box of LPs and pull them out one at a time just so I could get a full view of each title. CDs weren't quite as fun, but still fun to look at the booklets. Do kids of today even get excited about a new tune anymore, or is it all just matter of fact to them.... everything's always available so it's not much to get excited about?

Used to be whenever my wife would drag me out shopping with her, I would find either a music store or a book store to go hang out in while she looked at clothes or shoes. We still go shopping together but it's a much more boring experience for me these days! Unless we go to a hardware store or something.
I'm right with you, Mike!

Seems like "only yesterday" when this picture was taken. But it was December of 2018 - almost four years ago. The Target where I took the picture no longer has even *that* many CDs in the store - just a small rack with a couple of top hits.

20181207_104825.jpg
I remember getting to my local Target right when the store opened. When I walked to that section of the store, the CD wasn't even out on display yet. When I inquired about it, they sent an employee to the stockroom to bring out a handful of them to display.

Ha, same here. She checked her had held inventory device, and then went to the stockroom to get mine too. It was about 8:30 in the morning on release day.

This album is positively fabulous. I believe it warrants a second edition. Maybe with some of the lessser known songs.
I've got my fingers crossed for Xmas next year. I'm guessing, hoping, Richard's putting the finishing touches to the new Christmas Set this year.

It'll have been 5 years since the first by that point. TGOD and AYGFLIALS are already in the can and he's stated that Now would be on there.

Here's hoping

Neil

I've got my fingers crossed for Xmas next year. I'm guessing, hoping, Richard's putting the finishing touches to the new Christmas Set this year.

It'll have been 5 years since the first by that point. TGOD and AYGFLIALS are already in the can and he's stated that Now would be on there.

Here's hoping

Neil
All You Get From Love Is A Love Song and Those Good Old Dreams were never recorded with the RPO. Both songs received new charts, but that was as far as they went, and were cut before recording.

Only Those Good Old Dreams got the RPO treatment. In fact I have the video footage taken from that session in
So TGOD is recorded. Did it reach the mixing stage? Is it effectively "ready"? I haven't noticed any new RPO pop collaborations in the last few years...would a volume 2 even be a possibility at this point?

All You Get From Love Is A Love Song and Those Good Old Dreams were never recorded with the RPO. Both songs received new charts, but that was as far as they went, and were cut before recording.

I would die if they did Those Good Old Dreams. It's a personal favorite of mine, but Richard doesn't seem to like that song for whatever reason.

I would die if they did Those Good Old Dreams. It's a personal favorite of mine, but Richard doesn't seem to like that song for whatever reason.
I would want him to do something else. That’s one song that should’ve been locked in the A&M Vaults!
Something like Nowadays Clancy Can’t Even Sing or maybe build a true non-disco dance version of My Body Keeps Changing My Mind.

Back
Top Bottom