📣 News Carpenters: The Musical Legacy (Discussion)

Happy day! My Kindle version of the book was delivered today and my actual book has been shipped, delivery expected in 3-5 days. I am loving it so far, so informative, easy to read, Richard's insights are great and the photos look amazing - even in black and white on a Kindle. I can't wait to see them in full colour. Great job @Mike Cidoni Lennox, @Chris May and Richard!!! Shame I have to work today or I'd be reading from cover to cover :)
Thanks, Nick! Question for you: Are you a Prime member with Amazon, or standard?

Thanks for the heads-up Nick! I just checked and my e-book arrived as well!! I'm going to begin reading right after post this message!!

Just ordered my copy. Thankful for all the work that Chris, Mike, and Richard have put into this project. Can't wait to read it over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Happily found it at Barnes & Noble tonight! It was wonderful to see it prominently displayed. They had three copies on the display shelf. Such a great looking book of impressive quality. Can’t wait to start reading. Congrats gentlemen!

I’m looking forward to seeing all the publicity the book brings. I already want my book to arrive but it’s being delivered on the 26th - I think. I keep checking my Amazon order. I wonder if Waterstones will display it like Barnes and Noble but being an U.K. bookstore I’m not sure

Chris, I went to check mine and they told me it wouldn’t be put out till the release date. I felt like a crack addict.
I don’t think they can technically sell it until the release date but those rules may be more lax these days. I worked in a bookstore in the 80’s and that was strictly forbidden, even though they were usually in our stockroom up to a week in advance.

So does mine. Should be fun to read.

Ed
Released on 16th & arriving here on 23rd or 24th - just before Thanksgiving - hope our family dinner guests won't miss me too much as I sequester myself behind a locked door in my Den to finish reading it - probably not though, because they'll be too busy watching football or arguing politics to notice...I was thinking that Richard's latest album of piano interpretations might make great background music for the T-Day gathering, but I'm sure the songs would be recognized and only start a separate contentious discussion about the best groups/music of the 70s, or why the Carpenters aren't in the R&R HOF yet...

Back
Top Bottom