📣 News Carpenters: The Musical Legacy (Discussion)

Signed, sealed, and delivered—at last!
A week off to see the family — and then Chris, Richard, and I move on to the ...
Well ... that’s for another posting.
😆
As for launch events: Richard and I tonight briefly discussed hopes for celebrations in Los Angeles, New York and London. But a lot depends on projects planned that orbit the book. (Hmmm ... )
Let’s pray the UK travel ban gets lifted soon!

It’s gorgeous. Richard chose it personally. And fans are in for a HUGE surprise when they see it.
(Trust us: WE were surprised how it ended up as it did.)
OK - there's just so much even the most devoted fan should have to be teased and tormented about, especially 5+ months out - even a kid in a candy store often gets a free sample - I think that at least those of us who have pre-ordered should get a sneak preview of this...:):shrug:

Is there a ‘new to us’ Carpenters music project release (cd and/or video) associated with the release of the book? Maybe a Volume 2 of RPO Carpenters CD?

As for launch events: Richard and I tonight briefly discussed hopes for celebrations in Los Angeles, New York and London. But a lot depends on projects planned that orbit the book. (Hmmm ... )
Let’s pray the UK travel ban gets lifted soon!
Mike, I’m surprised Tokyo was not mentioned as well.

Mike, I’m surprised Tokyo was not mentioned as well.
1. Sorry to tease. Promise this will be it till there’s stuff we can really share.
Yesterday’s official sign off was landmark, and Chris and I knew that — besides families — you’d be the only people who’d truly appreciate our excitement.

Those who know us are aware that we, like you, have been dreaming of this kind of thing forever.
And, after waiting, we finally got Richard to agree to tell the story HIS (often hilarious, always brilliant) way.

2. Tokyo: It appears the English version will be available day and date (as per Amazon). But English-to-Japanese translations for music need special care, and it appears they’re still shopping a publisher.

Now, you know all.

Radio silence from me till I really can say more ... except this:

If not for meeting my adopted brother — the amazing Chris May — on this forum, the book would not be.

And, in turn, this one’s for you.

Sincerely,

Mike

Last edited:
And, after waiting, we finally got Richard to agree to tell the story HIS (often hilarious, always brilliant) way.
I 100% believe that Richard Carpenter is a very well-spoken man whose story is often perhaps not respected or regarded by certain fans (for whichever reason), but I firmly, firmly believe that, if given an opportunity to be vulnerable, he would have such an amazing story to hear...

Mahalo nui to the authors from a Carpenters superfan in Hawaiʻi :) I'm fully looking forward to immersing myself in this book during the holiday season!

Those who know us are aware that we, like you, have been dreaming of this kind of thing forever.

I remember from 2 years ago at the Carpenters 50th Celebration that the late Al Schmitt specifically mentioned Richard's sense of humour. He wanted the attendees to know that Richard was often very funny.

So besides being full of interesting facts about the Carpenters music, it sounds like the book will contain many amusing anecdotes. Like many other fans, I'm really looking forward to its release this October. 🙂

At long last, “The Legacy” is revealed this week!

Keep an eye on these social sites:

richardcarpenterofficial (RC’s Instagram)

TheCarpentersOfficial (UMe’s Instagram)

@Papress (Twitter)

@CarpentersLegcy (Twitter)

And, of course, RIGHT HERE!

FINALLY ...

😁

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom