📣 News Carpenters: The Musical Legacy (Discussion)

Lucky you. I’ve gone through 3 copies, and they are all full of pops and ticks, or a rumbling noise between tracks. The first was the box set. The 2nd was all the box set replacement vinyl, all pretty bad still. The 3rd was in December when Target had the buy 2, get 1 free promotion. I bought the clear Singles 1969-1973, decent pressing, RPO and Lovelines. The latter two are really bad. The Elton John sets are poor too. Shame on UMe, Useless Made Editions.
make your own pun…..

Lucky you. I’ve gone through 3 copies, and they are all full of pops and ticks, or a rumbling noise between tracks. The first was the box set. The 2nd was all the box set replacement vinyl, all pretty bad still. The 3rd was in December when Target had the buy 2, get 1 free promotion. I bought the clear Singles 1969-1973, decent pressing, RPO and Lovelines. The latter two are really bad. The Elton John sets are poor too. Shame on UMe, Useless Made Editions.
make your own pun…..
Speaking of the rumbling noise, I have that too. I saw the disturbance on either the waveform or the spectrogram on my needle drop and thought it was like some digital interference to signal to someone (the record-cutters? engineers? I don't know??) that the next track is coming up.

Thanks Cuyler! There were quite a number of them taken but these are some that we personally all like. :)

Whoever did that central plaque needs a talking to, not just because they cut off the top of their hair, but they used the cover of AOFC instead of Xmas portrait in the chronological album placement.
This particular plaque represents their sales success in the Philippines, which might explain why it's arranged the way it is. Christmas Portrait falls after Lovelines here (unseen in this particular photo).

The plaque reads: Plaque of Recognition / Philippines Most Loved & Best Selling Artist of All Time.

HA! Wait 'til you see it full page :wink:

Our publisher is working with us and Universal on that. It all gets rolled out in stages as we get closer. I'll do my best to keep everyone here updated as I have more information. But to answer your question—yes, there are some promotional things in the works, just can't get too specific yet!
So, I played a little...

(Sorry, I forgot how to get the photo itself on this post.)

The best pre-order price in Canada right now is CAD$38 (no tax + free shipping) from wowhd.ca, really unbeatable!

My guess would be the award for "The Singles 1969-73" which went 7X Platinum in the US alone and was released during the Carpenters absolute peak even though there would be 9 more Top 40 hits in the years to follow. I'm not counting their three Grammys and the American Music Award they received in 1975. I wonder if Chris has ever posed your question to Richard and maybe it will be answered in the new book.

Back
Top Bottom