📣 News Carpenters: The Musical Legacy (Discussion)

I'm a new member... and what a great photo..is a '76 photo?.........been a Carpenters fan since summer '70 when I first heard that Voice on the radio (Close To You) next day waited in front of the radio in my room till the DJ played it again and I recorded on my small tape recorder to carry in my $200 first car a 20 yr. old '50 Chev Bel Air as the radio didn't work.......it was a tough summer ..lost a neighbor buddy KIA in Vietnam....the voice of Karen on that tape helped a lot............Karen and Richard and the band played a concert at my old high school in Oct .76 Longview High School auditorium/gym Longview TX granted it was the new HS building as I had attended HS at the old building..a local fan put the concert together with the help of a ticket co. in Houston and somehow got a booking with the Carpenters manager... the fan acted as the promoter and donated his proceeds to a local children's charity .. that have helped get the booking for such a small venue as a extra stop as they had several Texas college concerts that week. I will order this book soon ...... their music legacy is a real treasure to so many in this world.....

You have to click the "Look Inside" icon at the top right of the book cover photo. I just read few of the available pages and all I can say is that any fan of the Carpenters that have or are considering purchasing this book are in for a real treat. The amount of meticulous detail in just this small sample was very impressive including some of the new photographs and will make this "offering" well worth the price of admission.

The other positive takes from my short journey into the new book is that Richard is totally onboard with the project and is extremely candid and unfiltered. It is also set up in the exact chronological path that their career took which will make the actual read progress in an orderly fashion instead of jumping back and forth which can be annoying.

Congratulations to Chris, Mike and Richard for the incredible amount of hours and effort involved to pull off this Carpenter historical gem. Am feeling a little guilty for cheating and taking a sneak peak and I promise to show maturity from this point on and will wait for the book's arrival in October so I will still have something to look forward to!

Am actually going to order another copy for mother (huge Elvis fan) who is now 84 and has alway been enthralled with Karen's one of a kind voice even though she always thought the Carpenters were "square" thanks to those initial album covers. As Richard would say, who could blame her!

You have to click the "Look Inside" icon at the top right of the book cover photo. I just read few of the available pages and all I can say is that any fan of the Carpenters that have or are considering purchasing this book are in for a real treat. The amount of meticulous detail in just this small sample was very impressive including some of the new photographs and will make this "offering" well worth the price of admission.

The other positive takes from my short journey into the new book is that Richard is totally onboard with the project and is extremely candid and unfiltered. It is also set up in the exact chronological path that their career took which will make the actual read progress in an orderly fashion instead of jumping back and forth which can be annoying.

Congratulations to Chris, Mike and Richard for the incredible amount of hours and effort involved to pull off this Carpenter historical gem. Am feeling a little guilty for cheating and taking a sneak peak and I promise to show maturity from this point on and will wait for the book's arrival in October so I will still have something to look forward to!

Am actually going to order another copy for mother (huge Elvis fan) who is now 84 and has alway been enthralled with Karen's one of a kind voice even though she always thought the Carpenters were "square" thanks to those initial album covers. As Richard would say, who could blame her!
Thanks. Still not there. I may have to use my laptop and go to the website for this. The mobile Amazon app is not showing this 😕

Ha! Unless another, different sneak peak is offered...Guilt? What guilt? :)

John, it's kind of like snooping around when you were a kid prior to Christmas and you stumble across a few of your gifts hidden in your parents closet. You're quite elated at that moment but then realize there won't be the same level of mystery and excitement on Christmas morning. Am I the only one that that committed this mischievous act when they were a youngster? So that's why I don't want to preview too much of the book now and prefer to wait for Octoberfest!

I'm trying to understand - even though, of course, I personally never succumbed to that temptation...well...

Carl, you could just read the introduction by Richard and the author's notes by Mike and Chris to get your Carpenters fix and then stop scrolling. Be strong!

I just pre ordered my copy. This will be my first book regarding the carpenters. Im so excited to read this. I'm trying to hold off reading the preview pages.

Back
Top Bottom