📣 News Carpenters: The Musical Legacy (Discussion)

@Chris May do you know if the TalkShopLive books will ship today/tomorrow as well? Haven’t seen any emails from them, and my order confirmation page on their website still says the original October ship date.

I'm really surprised that this book is already available to purchase at walk in stores like Barnes and Noble. If I had known this, I would never have pre-ordered it...Amazon is saying I won't get delivery of my book till Nov 24. I mean I don't mind waiting but I'd have been just as happy giving my business to a local book seller if it meant getting it early. I hope I don't read any spoilers from the book on this forum until I can get my copy and read it through.

I'm really surprised that this book is already available to purchase at walk in stores like Barnes and Noble. If I had known this, I would never have pre-ordered it...Amazon is saying I won't get delivery of my book till Nov 24. I mean I don't mind waiting but I'd have been just as happy giving my business to a local book seller if it meant getting it early. I hope I don't read any spoilers from the book on this forum until I can get my copy and read it through.
I’m guessing there are no more rules about putting stock of books out before the release date anymore, like there are for DVDs and CDs. And there are spoilers in another thread, be careful. I had to choose not to read them, tempting as it was!

My book was shipped by B&N today. No ETA yet. I'm in the US, BTW.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers so please be a pal and give a heads up for those who haven't received theirs yet. :shhwiggle:

My copy arrived earlier today...it is a heavy, high-quality hardback that is superbly designed and edited--a labor of love from the ideal trio of collaborators: Richard, Mike and Chris. Having seen extensive Amazon previews, I knew what to expect content-wise, but the heft and beauty of the physical product is simply astonishing...transcendent, in fact.

Heartfelt thanks and heartiest congratulations to that terrific troika for producing the definitive book on our musical heroes--it's one for the ages!

Just checked my Amazon order and my copy is being delivered next Tuesday .. not too much of a wait I’m being quite patient

My copy will be here tomorrow! Yay ! So exciting. Just need to finish my shift at work tomorrow haha

[Moderator]: I've put Billy's post in a Spoiler tag as an example of how it looks and works. If you want to read it, just click on it. If you want to wait until you receive the book, you won't be spoiled. Thanks.

Well, I stayed up until 3am last night just to finish off reading the book! It's an amazing piece of work and it was great to read. You could see the hard work that Mike and Chris has put into it to bring it all together. You guys did an awesome job... I have to be honest, I was shocked and got really angry when I read about what happened to Richard while in Florida (which led to the lyrics being written for Druscilla Penny.)

There were some great insights and questions I had wondered about for years were answered in the chapters... However, I must admit, my favourite part was reading the discography chapter at the end, finding out Richard's reasons for remixing and re-recording certain instruments and hearing things I hadn't picked up on before... Like I'd never noticed there was a burp at the end of I Got Rhythm and in some other songs too! (Richard even admits that Karen could burp much better than he could! I Ioved that...) The sound of a door opening in Bless The Beasts and Children, what was said by Doug Strawn at the end of Breaking Up Is Hard To Do and the faint backing vocals on Deadman's Curve... I must admit, I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to stuff like that!

Last edited by a moderator:
See the Spoiler tag post as a sticky in this Forum on how it's to be used.

So my wife had ordered my book from Christian Books.com. Or I think that was it. Then a few weeks ago she received an email from them saying that the order had been cancelled.
So I ordered from Amazon. Mine just shipped and I’ll get it tomorrow. The 17th

👍🏻👍🏻❤️❤️👏🏻👏🏻😁😁

jonathan

Same here. No new info. I'm patient but curious.
Reached out to them via their support link on their website yesterday, zero response. I think I’ll give them till tomorrow to respond then cancel. I only ordered it there to “possibly” get an autographed copy as @Mike Cidoni Lennox mentioned could happen. But with no response and no email from them, I may just get from Amazon.

Reached out to them via their support link on their website yesterday, zero response. I think I’ll give them till tomorrow to respond then cancel. I only ordered it there to “possibly” get an autographed copy as @Mike Cidoni Lennox mentioned could happen. But with no response and no email from them, I may just get from Amazon.
SO sorry for the delayed response here. I’m following up with Princeton right now and will report back ASAP!

I just got word that books shipped today via UPS. Delivery times may vary.

This is exactly what happened to me. I actually pre-ordered from Amazon first and then cancelled that order when they streamed on talkshoplive just because I wanted a chance to get a signed copy as well. Hoping we get clarification soon.

You bet! The TalkShopLive folks said they sent out an email letting everyone know that books were shipping today, but it’s very likely it got caught up in your junk mail folder. 😀
Haven’t seen an email today but they did send one out when the delay in release was announced. It was just confusing because their site still showed the October ship date on the actual order. Glad to hear they are indeed shipping.

Back
Top Bottom