šŸ“£ News Carpenters: "The Vinyl Collection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like seeing the A&M RECORDS designation on the spines. Are the logos and labels as they were originally?

Chris
When you get s chance to listen, share your thoughts. Mine should be delivered on Friday.
Jonathan

I like seeing the A&M RECORDS designation on the spines. Are the logos and labels as they were originally?

Actually I requested these photos be taken and sent over from the warehouse so I could give folks here a sneak peek. I should be receiving mine on Friday as well! :)

Does anyone know if this is a limited production run or will they continually press these upon demand? In other words will they still be pressing more of these in the yrs to come or what there pressing now is it?

Did you notice that the titles on the spines are all located in the middle?

The original 70's vinyl:

Ticket to Ride (Centered)
Close To You (Centered)
Tan Album (Far Right)
ASFY (Far Left)
The Singles ((Far Left)
Horizon (Far Left)
AKOH (Far Left)
Passage (Far Left)
MIA (Far Left)
VOTH (Far Left)
Lovelines (Far Left)

The funny thing is I just looked at my Japan 35th Anniv CD Box Set which are mini replicas of the original albums and even
those got the titles exactly like they were on the original vinyl albums (hence the replicas)

Also the sticker on the front "remastered" does that mean the 98 remastered classics or a whole new mastering for 2017?

Being on a fixed income, I just can't afford the boxed set but will buy them individually. A seller on Ebay usually sells the 180 gram LP's for around $22 free shipping so I will go that route

It seems such a shame that you have to go that route as it will work out more expensive for you at around $250 without the box also. I donā€™t mind gifting you $10 via PayPal if anyone would chip in likewise so you can get this set at the current Pre order price?.

Very interesting from the AP - Richard Carpenter video regarding the release of this set. Glad to know he was involved in the process.

Richard Carpenter: New Carpentersā€™ vinyl remasters boast audio quality of original releases -- but
Man why couldn't this video have been mentioned before Soundstage Direct increased their price, had I seen this yesterday I probably would have pre ordered this at $153.00

It sounds like they may have added some of the highs that are needed in mastering for vinyl.

Very interesting from the AP - Richard Carpenter video regarding the release of this set. Glad to know he was involved in the process.

Richard Carpenter: New Carpentersā€™ vinyl remasters boast audio quality of original releases -- but

Great to see this ā€œpromoā€ for the vinyl set pop up. I spotted amongst those acetates and other things on his shelves something that had ā€œRichard Carpenter / Petula Clarkā€ on it, as well as what looked like an acetate or test pressing of Christmas songs including Jingle Bells, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town and Carol Of The Bells.

Hereā€™s the direct link:

Great to see this ā€œpromoā€ for the vinyl set pop up. I spotted amongst those acetates and other things on his shelves something that had ā€œRichard Carpenter / Petula Clarkā€ on it, as well as what looked like an acetate or test pressing of Christmas songs including Jingle Bells, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town and Carol Of The Bells.

Hereā€™s the direct link:

Nice find, newvillefan! Richard's "blessing" on the project has GOT to be good news to those who purchased it. And yes Rich, we appreciate all the superb music you and your wonderful sister have given to the world:).

Man why couldn't this video have been mentioned before Soundstage Direct increased their price, had I seen this yesterday I probably would have pre ordered this at $153.00
Head over to Music Direct--$152.99 today. Carpenters - The Vinyl Collection (180g Vinyl 12LP Box Set)

Man, I am on the fence about the set. I would only buy it at a deep discount. Four, maybe five of the LPs are ones I would play. A few others, maybe for one or two tracks. Three of the records I would never touch. Yet if I bought five or even six LPs, the jump up to the box set is not much more.

Being on a fixed income, I just can't afford the boxed set but will buy them individually. A seller on Ebay usually sells the 180 gram LP's for around $22 free shipping so I will go that route

It seems such a shame that you have to go that route as it will work out more expensive for you at around $250 without the box also. I donā€™t mind gifting you $10 via PayPal if anyone would chip in likewise so you can get this set at the current Pre order price?.
I would chip in $20 for a fellow fan!
Like buying one of the LPs! I would do so too.

Labels, yes. The custom labels (like Passage, Kind of Hush, etc.) are all original, and the others are period correct. Made In America even has the rare 45 RPM style label for the LP, like the original. But on the photos I've seen, I can't tell which A&M logo appears on them.

The LP packaging also appears to be original. Gatefolds where appropriate. The flaps on A Song For You and Carpenters are also present.

Keep in mind I'm going from those typical mock-up photos. But I doubt they would be showing these details if they didn't exist on this new set.

Indeed. The only thing he doesn't mention is if the LPs came straight from the original master tapes.

Also curious as to why he didn't have Bernie Grundman do these; Bernie likely worked with most of the original albums.

Thanks Rudy for the new link. I'm most likely going to order this tonight.

Does anyone else besides me think to myself while seeing videos like this of Richard's original acetates and test pressings that "this is the legacy" we're looking at in these boxes. It's incredible to think about it.

The feedback from the fans when everyone gets to listen to this collection is going to be so interesting and also critical to the Carpenters legacy, especially with the 50th anniversary just around the corner. Iā€™m hoping Universal achieve a high standard with this release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom