📣 News Carpenters: "The Vinyl Collection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anybody has ordered the vinyl collection with spin cds you will not be getting it.
I rang them today and they have cancelled all pre orders due to the fact that the price they were promised by their supplier was not honoured.
Well that’s their excuse anyway......
This is not the first time I have had problems with them and I will not be using them again.
Getting back to the sound quality issues, I was thinking of ordering from Amazon Italy but having read some of the posts can anybody give any advice as I was really looking forward to getting this set and now having read that replacements are being sent out for various LPs I don’t know what to do.
Hi Tony. I’ve ordered the box set from Amazon Italy and it arrived today. First I can tell you that it’s a USA press, not European so before playing the records I prayed for a good batch! Well, all in all they’re very good (I could only listen to TTR, SFY, CTY N&T and Horizon so far). N&T and Horizon are perfect. No clicks or pops. TTR is the weakest regarding sound quality as the song Ticket to Ride has some clicks at the beginning but then they fade away. The rest of the tracks in the albums I’ve listened to have the normal quality that is expected in most records nowadays. I’m happy with what I’ve already listened. The artwork, as been reported before, is excellent recreating the original one, with the exception of the barcodes that I hate them (why why on earth include them on the cover and not on the plastic cover??? ... It’s beyond my understanding). So far Amazon Italy is the web store that has the cheapest price of the box set in Europe (or so I’ve seen)

HMV record store in Cardiff UK have vinyl copies of Close To You, Now & Then, A Song For You and Singles 1969-1973, no sign of the vinyl box set. Could only verify country of manufacture of one album.

24909878_10210832161822438_6628657153361776676_n.jpg
Back. Look at the pic Chris took of CTY. I hate them cause they do not belong to the original artwork, at yeast to those albums released before the 80’s...

To say I am annoyed with Spin CD is an understatement, I am absolutely fuming!!!. I have ordered two sets from them one for my
mother and I knew in the back of my
Mind that they wouldn’t come through in this. No money had been refunded to my account as well and they ain’t answering the phone!!!.

Reactions: Sue
To say I am annoyed with Spin CD is an understatement, I am absolutely fuming!!!. I have ordered two sets from them one for my
mother and I knew in the back of my
Mind that they wouldn’t come through in this. No money had been refunded to my account as well and they ain’t answering the phone!!!.

I had originally ordered from them but changed my mind after seeing all the negative reviews. I really struggled to get my money back for 2 sets. In the end I did a Section 75 chargeback with the card provider. You should try it if you can't resolve it with Spin CD. Your rights to a credit card refund under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act | This is Money

Really sorry they screwed you too. Not good especially as it's too late to reorder in time for Christmas.

Hi Sue.
I got an email from them confirming that the refund will be made to my bank account within the next few days.
I will not buy from them again as I have had problems with orders in the past and I would not be surprised if I have to chase up my refund as well.
I am dying to order this from amazon Italy but really do not know what to do.
Are you going to chance getting a good copy?

I have had no emails from Spin Cd nothing about any refund or anything, I am so annoyed about this set and the fact I’ve been let down so badly.

I had originally ordered from them but changed my mind after seeing all the negative reviews. I really struggled to get my money back for 2 sets. In the end I did a Section 75 chargeback with the card provider. You should try it if you can't resolve it with Spin CD. Your rights to a credit card refund under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act | This is Money

I didn’t pay with a credit card I paid them with a debit card I am really upset and having problems dealing with this.

I am absolutely disgusted in Spincd they should be shut down completely they have £260 of my money and they ain’t responding to emails or indeed answering the phone now. What an absolute disgrace.

Me too! I had a response from them by email so have contacted them with the online form and replied to their email. So far no response! I paid by credit card, so hopefully I will get the money back somehow!

Name SKU Price Qty Subtotal
The Vinyl Collection (12LP Box Set)
£129.99
Ordered: 1
Refunded: 1
£129.99
Subtotal £129.99
Shipping & Handling £0.00
Discount -£0.48
Points Earned 258 Gold Points
Points Spent 48 Gold Points
Grand Total £129.51
This is what is on my account page.
I received the refund today.

Name SKU Price Qty Subtotal
The Vinyl Collection (12LP Box Set)
£129.99
Ordered: 1
Refunded: 1
£129.99
Subtotal £129.99
Shipping & Handling £0.00
Discount -£0.48
Points Earned 258 Gold Points
Points Spent 48 Gold Points
Grand Total £129.51
This is what is on my account page.
I received the refund today.

Did you have to ask them for this refund?, they haven’t even bothered to inform me or indeed to apologise. Nothing at all.

Did you have to ask them for this refund?, they haven’t even bothered to inform me or indeed to apologise. Nothing at all.

It was only Friday they told me it would be in early this week! Not a hint of not getting it. Now I can't get an answer and my order still says processing! I have asked for a refund if my order is not going to be honoured but nothing at all so far!

Wayne we thought it was too good to be true I guess we were right!

It was only Friday they told me it would be in early this week! Not a hint of not getting it. Now I can't get an answer and my order still says processing! I have asked for a refund if my order is not going to be honoured but nothing at all so far!

Wayne we thought it was too good to be true I guess we were right!

I really am upset by this company, I am not a wealthy person and this really isn’t on.

I really am upset by this company, I am not a wealthy person and this really isn’t on.
Hmm, all the negative reviews were true. I'm completely baffled as to why they're still in business given their shoddy customer service and questionable methods of taking payment in advance, etc. I'm sorry you've both had such a bad experience with them Wayne and Sue. The majority of reviewers suggest they do pay up eventually, if that's any consolation at all.

I don’t know if it was mentioned before but the version of Yesterday Once More in the N&T album is the same as the one in The Singles, when it is supposed to be different. It’s a pity that the original version was changed...

I contacted them Monday just to see when my copy would be sent out as I will be away later this week and it was only by chance that I found out that they could not honour the order due to suppliers letting them down.
As other people have said that price was really too good to be true and I agree their practice of taking payment in advance is not the sign of a company that has plenty of cash flow.
They most probably work out a house somewhere!

I contacted them Monday just to see when my copy would be sent out as I will be away later this week and it was only by chance that I found out that they could not honour the order due to suppliers letting them down.
As other people have said that price was really too good to be true and I agree their practice of taking payment in advance is not the sign of a company that has plenty of cash flow.
They most probably work out a house somewhere!

This company are totally out of order , they have had my money for nearly three months, they lied to me on the phone last week saying they were expecting the records that week (totally made up). Not once have they emailed me offering a refund so that I can go and buy it (as I originally planned) from Amazon USA. They haven’t even emailed me to tell me they won’t be honouring it. I bought this box set for my mum and myself as main Christmas presents now Christmas has been ruined al due to Spin CD!. I actually feel like finding out where they are based to go and see them in person, they must have known all along they weren’t able to fulfill this order!, I thought it was going to be heartache earlier in this thread. And it is.

So, some heartening news from a customer-support rep today at UMe:
My husband pre-ordered a set for my birthday, gave it to me last Friday, and, lo and behold, it had all the defects and flaws that forum members have been been pointing out since street date.
As Chris May has told us, the UMe rep directed me to show proof of purchase (in my case, from Amazon), that I would receive a prepaid label to send the entire box back — and, then, a completely newly pressed, quality-checked set would be sent in approximately six weeks.
The woman was both smart (aware of specific defects) and sympathetic, confirming my initial suspicion that UMe, as well as Carps fans, got the short end here.
Furthermore, the rep told me all unsold stocks were being recalled from retailers and would be replaced with the repressings. So, this will be a crapshoot no longer.
Truly good news? Or am I being too optimistic?

I hope it all works out for you Mike.
For me, I don't trust them. I have had just the opposite response from them by email. I have posted just a few pics of the many defects in my box set here. My email to UMe contained detailed defects album by album along with my proof of purchase, I clearly told them in the email that all the LP's had some kind of defect and I didn't want this box set and wanted a replacement. Their email response was that they wanted me to destroy the defected Lp's and then send them proof of destruction. First off, I don't have the time or resource to destroy 12 Lps and covers (let alone they didn't specify "how" to destroy 180 gram vinyl). Then went on to say once they had proof of destruction only then would start the claim process. Then they said I had 15 days to respond. To me this is totally unacceptable. The correct response would have been to send me a pre paid label so that I could send the set back to them so they could see all these defects from the plant "they" used to press this set. The pre paid label was not offered by UMe. I expected more from a company as big as this.

In any case I have reached back out to the retailer and they have offered a pre paid return label and they will issue me a full refund. I am very grateful for this retailer. After all I have been through with this box, it's all left a bad taste in my mouth with UMe and their pressing plant and now failed resolution. I'm no longer interested in this Carpenters Vinyl Collection and it breaks my heart because I'm a huge Carpenters fan.

I wish the best of luck to everyone on this set.

It's sad to see that different people are getting different responses from UMe, further proving that they don't have their act together.

It IS somewhat heartening to find that they're recalling the defective sets and will later restock the retailers with the new repressings.

I've been through something like this before and know what it feels like. Back in 2008, CBS/Paramount released the first half-season of the seconds season of THE FUGITIVE, one of my all-time favorite drama series, and had totally replaced the underscore with some newly commissioned music, which totally changed the complexion of the show. The first season's two releases had been untouched and were perfect, so this second season was like a slap in the face to fans.

Word from the company was that they were unsure of the music rights to some of the cues, so they nuked all of it and substituted this modern-sounding synth score on a 60s TV series. Quite a juxtaposition. Fans complained and wrote all sorts of warnings on any site that sold these, virtually frightening potential customers away.

The company relented some nine months later, and redid the episodes with mostly original underscore restored. It wasn't perfect, but it did help a great deal. CBS Paramount offered customers a new set if they'd send in a proof of purchase, and the nice thing was that we didn't have to send back the old set. Further S2 releases were also iffy with some new score, some original and then they continued that pattern in the Season three releases. Season 4 came out perfect and that was the end of the series.

Then another year later, CBS Paramount re-released the full set, repackaged into something called the MOST WANTED set. All four seasons with completely restored original backing score. This was seen by many of us as a slap in the face to the dedicated fans who suffered through the indignities of the two middle season, buying them as they came out. We wanted the show and were forced to settle for half-and-half crap, or be denied our favorite series.

And of course the new, complete set was expensive, and many of us didn't want to double-dip. And to make matters worse, a few of the episodes WERE compromised in one form or another. There were some bad cues that leaked through, some spots where music had been but was removed, and some technical glitches where sound and picture didn't match up. So CBS Paramount had to issue a packet of five DVDs to correct the problems. Again, it was a matter of calling in proof of purchase by reading numbers of the hub of the discs.

The whole ordeal left a really bad taste in the mouth and so far, what I'm seeing with this Carpenters set smacks of the same types of problems.

My heart goes out to all of you ive experienced similar situations in the past but its been very rare as I usually go by my gut.i hope everyone who purchased this ill fated set will get some satisfactory relief very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom