📣 News Carpenters: "The Vinyl Collection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the price suddenly increased though see here?, doesn’t say $180 on this Universal site

The Sound of Vinyl

In fact it’s says £259.00 which for 12 albums is a considerable investment in the U.K.??. More than I have paid for any other box set recently which is very expensive. I think the price on Amazon USA is a mistake at $179 , unfortunately it seems fans over here in the U.K. won’t be able to buy it at this price is listed at approximately twice as much practically?. Is it possible for U.K. fans to order from Amazon USA?.

Last edited:
Has the price suddenly increased though see here?, doesn’t say $180 on this Universal site

The Sound of Vinyl

In fact it’s says £259.00 which for 12 albums is a considerable investment in the U.K.??. More than I have paid for any other box set recently which is very expensive. I think the price on Amazon USA is a mistake at $179 , unfortunately it seems fans over here in the U.K. won’t be able to buy it at this price is listed at approximately twice as much practically?. Is it possible for U.K. fans to order from Amazon USA?.

Since it is a US release, that could be why it is so much less expensive. I know for US buyers, there are times that buying from Europe or Japan is much more for us also..

Wayne
I priced it up to buy US amazon and with Tax and Postage it came to around £250 so I guess the price is about right for uk.

Wayne
I priced it up to buy US amazon and with Tax and Postage it came to around £250 so I guess the price is about right for uk.

Hi Sue I’ve just pre ordered it from Amazon USA it does work out significantly cheaper than over here in England, the amount I get it to is far less than £249 with shipping and import duty via the Amazon Global programme. So I’ve ordered it from the USA, ok it works out more than our good friends over there are paying for the box but significantly less than the site over here that’s selling it. I’d recommend going the Amazon route if you have your heart set on it?. You have to remember that the price they do it for is $ and you then have to convert it back to £. I think they charged me something like $35 import tax on top of the box set and postage cost.

Reactions: Sue
More publicity in the news.....
The Carpenters 'The Vinyl Collection' To Be Released Worldwide

"The Carpenters 'The Vinyl Collection' To Be Released Worldwide
Pop/Rock Duo's Longstanding Influential Legacy Celebrated in Full with Mastered for Vinyl 12-LP Vinyl Box Set and Individual LP Releases on November 17...."
"...No matter what your walk of life is, the Carpenters have a song that touches your soul and finds a place where there's room to grow..."

And,here:
Carpenters 12-LP Box Set Coming in Nov. - Best Classic Bands

It's interesting that they are pricing the individual LP's at different prices, for instance A Song For You is priced for pre-order at $37.99 vs Made in America and Lovelines at $23.99

I still want to know what masters are being used for this pressing, will they be the same as the remastered classics on CD?
I'm still on the fence at $256.00 what am I getting on this newly pressed vinyl?

Amazing...This box set has gone from $180 to $256 in less than a day and it's still over a month from release! Can I buy shares?!

It's confirmed that each album features the restored original packaging and related artwork. Also it was mastered for vinyl by Ron McMaster at Capitol Studios in Los Angeles. More info to come...

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 9.02.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 9.02.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 9.02.37 AM.png

What is the book thing with The Singles 1969-1973 ? Will it be included?

Thanks for that Wayne I just ordered my set as it came up a lot cheaper. I think they added double tax for some reason when I looked yesterday!

Amazon's price has already dropped a bit from the original listing. As of now it's $165.75. Of course that could change again as Amazon tends to raise and lower prices at different times. Remember, if you pre-order from Amazon, you'll get the lowest price it drops to after you place your order, even if it's raised again before release date.

Last edited:
Amazon's price has already dropped a bit from the original listing. As of now it's $165.75. Of course that could change again as Amazon tends to raise and lower prices at different times. Remember, if you pre-order from Amazon, you'll get the lowest price it drops to after you place your order, even if it's raised again before release date.

Can I ask please how Amazon does this?, a great idea for sure!. I note my account is saying the pre order price of $165.75 or below ( excluding import duty charges now ) will my account always say this figure ( or less ) even if it increased say to $200 on the main site please?.

Forgive me if this has already been answered. I don't remember seeing it. Do we know the sources used for this LP set? I assume it has to be all digital given the Universal fire.

Ed

Forgive me if this has already been answered. I don't remember seeing it. Do we know the sources used for this LP set? I assume it has to be all digital given the Universal fire.

Ed

I don’t think that information is readily available at the current time, although for sure some of the incredible members on here ( ie, Chris for one and many others ) will provide all details I’m sure in time.

I just couldn't stand it any longer and ordered the set from Amazon. Even though I have all of these albums from their original releases, they have all seen better days due to the repeated plays over the years.

Thanks for that Wayne I just ordered my set as it came up a lot cheaper. I think they added double tax for some reason when I looked yesterday!
It would seem the USA Amazon price has indeed decreased again, I’ve ordered two boxes for my mum and myself, the current price on the U.K. Universal site is very prohibitive and we more than likely would have not been able to purchase this?. Thanks to Amazon and their pre order price fluctuation we now can. That’s great and I’m happy.

Forgot to ask Chris May, reading his post, which says--in part--
" Richard got back to me this morning and confirmed that the Christmas albums are not included,
and that UMG is the one running this entire project."

In view of the above remark, I ask:
Is Richard Carpenter not involved with this project ?
If he is involved, to what extent ?

Does anyone know the reason behind the omission in this collection of the two Christmas albums? This omission is most puzzling because (1) it renders the collection incomplete as a collection of original vinyl albums, and (2) its release date is so close to the holiday season, especially given the popularity of quite a few of Carpenters' Christmas songs.

I don’t think that information is readily available at the current time, although for sure some of the incredible members on here ( ie, Chris for one and many others ) will provide all details I’m sure in time.

I ask because if it's as digital as I think it is, there's really no point. The beauty of the LPs as we knew them was that they were all analog. LPs taken from digital sources, while they can sound good, as fairly pointless in many cases. If this just taken from digital tapes, I'll hold on to my money. I already have great copies of the original LPs.

Ed

I ask because if it's as digital as I think it is, there's really no point. The beauty of the LPs as we knew them was that they were all analog. LPs taken from digital sources, while they can sound good, as fairly pointless in many cases. If this just taken from digital tapes, I'll hold on to my money. I already have great copies of the original LPs.

Ed
This is exactly why I want to know as well, there are some artist that have had LPs release but the masters they used were taken from digital sources so it's basically like listening to your CDs through a vinyl. However I have some hope after watching that video of Ron above he seems to know what vinyl should sound like and understands that era as his clients appreciate how he masters their work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom