📣 News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Kyle, This would make a good musical question to ask Richard Carpenter,
as I do not believe that those MYOKOM songs are "live" television performances.
That is, I believe they are lip-synched to pre-recorded tracks; even the laughter is "canned."
(imho).

^^Kyle, This would make a good musical question to ask Richard Carpenter,
as I do not believe that those MYOKOM songs are "live" television performances.
That is, I believe they are lip-synched to pre-recorded tracks; even the laughter is "canned."
(imho).
I don't know how to ask Richard this question, but if anyone has a connection to him, I'd love to hear his response!

I know we haven't heard these yet but what will these songs be officially called remixed, remastered or old songs with completely new scores essentially making them new tracks except for the lyrics. We know that Richard has extensively remixed and remastered the Carpenters catalog since Karen has passed on so is this project with the RPO essentially the same thing? something tells me it's quite different because if these are going to take on a whole new sound (possibly adding backing vocals or dubbing) then what Richard has done in the past with remixing and remastering is keeping the originals in tack but making them sound better without altering the original production. This new production with the RPO sounds more like it's going to make the originals sound quite different.

Maybe these are just going to really sound exactly like the originals but with more embellishments? Will there be some tracks where we say I don't hear much different from the original? or are we going to be blown away at new arrangements? Can you tell I'm excited? lol

Last edited:
Unless other terminology becomes the norm, I'll refer to each of these as the (RPO mix) on the Resource. It could also be called the 2018 remix, but I think the RPO designation is more descriptive.

Based on the Beach Boys CD copyright notice, this Carpenters also won’t be considered a compilation by Universal. It’ll be considered a studio album.

I didn’t think about that so this will be called Carpenters 15th studio album? I thought this was going to be considered a greatest hits compilation.

15th studio album to mark their 50th anniversary...hmm marketing?

Their Singles 69-73 wasn’t considered a studio album but a greatest hits album.

I'm really looking forwards to seeing the cover, if the others by Elvis are anything to go by it'll be really classy, a photo of the duo with the orchestra faded around them. And a sleek colour scheme.... I'm getting it'll be golden colours.

I'm really looking forwards to seeing the cover, if the others by Elvis are anything to go by it'll be really classy, a photo of the duo with the orchestra faded around them. And a sleek colour scheme.... I'm getting it'll be golden colours.

Interesting. Everyone has different tastes, I guess.

I thought the covers for most of the Elvis RPO albums were awful and cheap looking. I thought they had a very generic, "low-budget compilation" feel to them. They were disappointing considering the bang up job RCA usually does on the higher profile "new" Elvis albums like "Where No One Stands Alone" and "Way Down in the Jungle Room." The only one I liked was the black and white US cover for "If I Can Dream." I thought that one looked really sharp and was hoping the rest would follow suit, but they didn't.

It's 2 years since "The Nations Favourite Carpenters Songs" album debuted at #2 on the UK album chart and #1 on the physical sales chart as well as the TV-Special having over 2.5 million viewers on it's first airing. In the linear notes of that CD there is an interview with Richard saying that he is working on some new arrangements and "will be recording them soon"...

Is that this project or the Christmas one? How long has he been planning this project?

Interesting. Everyone has different tastes, I guess.

In all aspects. What we'd like as the track selection, what the cover and artwork would be like. If it's a compilation or a new studio album? I'm just thrilled it's coming in the near future, patience being a virtue! :)

I imagine Overture would lead into "We Only Just Begun" as the first song, and "Close To You" would be the last track on the CD. But I hope that it becomes a surprise that I am wrong, and the Overture would lead into something a bit more unconventional, like "I Believe You." I can hear this in my head, how imaginably beautiful this could sound. So the quote above, "everyone has different tastes" certainly applies to me! That's something most A&M forum members have in common, our love for the Carpenters. We all bring something to the forum to share and express our different opinions.

This album is going to make new history that older and newer "appreciators" of Richard and Karen's music can all (re)discover together. This is going to be one of the top moments in their 50 year musical legacy!

The album is almost finished. That was quick! Right on schedule for going into manufacture for Christmas. I’d say this will get a mid-to-late November release.

It's such a shame that RC's Instagram has a link to that awful website. PLEASE UMG, get onto this!! It's embarrassing in the extreme.

It's such a shame that RC's Instagram has a link to that awful website. PLEASE UMG, get onto this!! It's embarrassing in the extreme.

I'm scratching my head wondering why he has a link to the "official" webpage. I clicked on it hoping it was updated since he's linked it to his Instagram page; however, I was disappointed. Still the same as it was a decade ago. One would hope that the excitement of this new release would prompt a rework/update of www.richardandkarencarpenter.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom