📣 News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had them earlier today. I wonder how this will affect how many copies actually make it to stores. Oh, and, "the CD format is dying" and "sales of CDs are down" ... yeah, because you can't buy them because they aren't making enough and they're selling out before they're even released! Can you imagine how many lost website sales there will be all this week?

They had them earlier today. I wonder how this will affect how many copies actually make it to stores. Oh, and, "the CD format is dying" and "sales of CDs are down" ... yeah, because you can't buy them because they aren't making enough and they're selling out before they're even released! Can you imagine how many lost website sales there will be all this week?
I guess UMe will just have to readjust their sales projections to meet demand and stop underestimating our Carpenters.

Plus right now with Christmas, there are obviously Christmas shoppers who are maybe ordering the CD as a stocking stuffer.

But considering that pre-orders are sold out, it makes you wonder how high it will debut on Billboard and other charts.

I ordered my Target exclusive Nov 3 and my app order status has changed to preparing for shipping. It looks like the store may only carry the regular CD. The last 2 stores I have been in have shrunk their CD shelves in half.

The album has been in the Amazon UK best sellers chart for a month, the pre-orders for Target in the US have sold out and CD Japan has only 26 copies left! It's literally selling out worldwide before it's even released! Wait till the general buying public see it in stores, on the charts and tv advertisements. This is going to be a big seller!

The RPO cd would probably have more pre-sales on Amazon
if the Track List was given in the description of this album.
I did not see it anywhere, there.
UMG should try to rectify that defect on Amazon.

The RPO cd would probably have more pre-sales on Amazon
if the Track List was given in the description of this album.

Amazon is kind of funky on that. Sometimes the listing will be there before release, but not always.

My guess is that the distributor sends that info to Amazon for posting before the track-list is "finalized" by the artist. Then when the artist signs-off on the project, an updated listing with track-list is sent to Amazon. It'll probably get updated when the album is released. It's just a bunch of computers talking to each other, after all... maybe the updated listing is already in their system, and set up with a "live" date of 12/7.

Ticket to Ride became available a few minutes after midnight. Maybe the album will go live at the same sort of time. we just have to stay up after midnight on Thursday.

"Ticket To Ride" has been available elsewhere since November 16th, I believe.

Never mind. I see that you were using that as an example.

Last edited:
Ticket to Ride became available a few minutes after midnight. Maybe the album will go live at the same sort of time. we just have to stay up after midnight on Thursday.

If you live on the US west coast, it may be available on streaming platforms at 9pm due to the 3 hour time difference to the east coast. I have experienced that with Spotify before.

I thought it would be interesting to mention that one of my YouTube videos is of the 2007 documentary The Carpenters Story: Only Yesterday. In the past month, the number of views has jumped by over 200k to 1.8m and the comments from viewers are through the roof on a daily basis. It would appear to me that people are finding their way to the duo on YouTube as a result of the news about the new album. Activity on this particular video on my channel has never been as frenetic as it is right now. I’m waiting to see what happens if/when TV advertising for the album begins.

A week since I posted the above and the views on the Youtube documentary have now topped 2 million. That means another 200,000+ people have watched it in the past week. Average views since it was posted in February 2016 have been 13,000 a week. Something is definitely going on :). Has anyone seen any marketing or reviews for the new album yet? It must be this which is generating the interest.

Last edited:
Music reviews: The Carpenters lead the way with reworked offering
We review the latest music offerings.
CARPENTERS WITH THE ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
By Press Association reporters
December 5 2018 11:11 AM

"Who knew all we needed to heal our hurting hearts at the end of this somewhat dire year was the music of the Carpenters reworked with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra? Upon listening to these new reworkings, it’s almost baffling to think the US duo’s original music was not recorded this way. It all seems just right."

"The Carpenters’ greatest pop masterpieces have been reimagined with Richard Carpenter conducting his own new arrangements along with his late sister Karen’s immortal vocals. Richard also acted as the album’s producer and arranger, and his involvement in every single piece is distinct. There have been a swathe of RPO collaborations lately, including with Roy Orbison and The Beach Boys, but this one stands head and shoulders above the lot, thanks to the artist himself having a key role in the process. The record serves as a reminder of the true beauty of their music, and it is only heightened by the rather restrained accompaniment of a 70-plus piece orchestra."

"Standouts include
the orchestra-backed version of Yesterday Once More, the jaw-droppingly stunning I Just Fall In Love Again and Goodbye To Love. A must-have album for any fans of the Carpenters. Or just anyone who enjoys music, full stop."

9/10
Source:
www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-reviews-the-carpenters-lead-the-way-with-reworked-offering-37597419.html

.....Album review...
"Depth of feeling: Richard Carpenter...."
"Should you have a reservation about the idea of Richard Carpenter blending original Carpenters recordings with new arrangements he wrote and conducted for the RPO, it’s likely this: Carpenters’ music is already perfect. This was the group who made middle-of-the-road feel radical. There is as much depth of feeling and musical invention in what they did as any avant-garde act ever possessed. And in Karen Carpenter, they had a reluctant singer with a gift from heaven.The good news is the surviving sibling has done his work with such deftness that the symphonic additions are not intrusive. So what’s the point? It works. It adds subtle new shades and dimensions rather than redefining its source material. There will, sadly, never be any new classic Carpenters. But this album augments rather than exploits what we already have."
Source:
www.metro.news/magic-frond-stay-psyched/1337411/

As of today I see the digital version is ranking at #52 on Amazon USA. Not bad at all! Impressive, really. So cool to be a post-1983 fan and have "new" music again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom