📣 News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to add Madonna to the possibility of a quest appearance. She has listed Karen as one of her main influences and recorded a song years (Rain) ago meant as a tribute to Karen.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if this isn’t the culmination of Richard’s life’s work. To round out a 50 year career and anniversary with something as special as an album with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra must be so thrilling and exciting for him. And he came all the way to London to do it. I imagine he’ll be in his element working on this project. 50 years is an amazing achievement, having kept his and Karen’s legacy alive through their heyday, her passing and well beyond it. I’m sure she’d be very proud of this project and of him.

Last edited:
Turns out Mindi is on this London trip as well. She just posted this on her public Instagram page. I’m beginning to wonder if the whole family is there :)

P.S. Look at her umbrella...

a1643b93-8298-46a2-8c03-7d576a673bfe-original.jpg

Last edited:
Please let’s not get onto personal subjects like his worth. I’d hate to see this tremendous thread get locked :cry:

I'm sorry if I caused offense with that, I didn't mean it like that, I was considering the practicality and logistics of the whole family staying over here to work out how long Richard will be staying here to work on this project. Surely it will take longer than a week to record this??? Didn't his "Time" album take a couple of years to record?

Maybe we should do some research to find out how long the other Philharmonic Orchestra albums took to record. And also RC said he's working on the arrangements, does this mean the songs will sound very different from the originals? Wow this project has given me so many questions! I wish I could just forward time to get the albun already !:laugh:

I'm sorry if I caused offense with that, I didn't mean it like that, I was considering the practicality and logistics of the whole family staying over here to work out how long Richard will be staying here to work on this project. Surely it will take longer than a week to record this??? Didn't his "Time" album take a couple of years to record?

No harm done :)

If everything has already been pre-prepared, the charts written and sent to the RPO in advance to rehearse, he may only be here for a few days to get the orchestral parts recorded and nailed on. The rest - mixing, sweetening and so on - can all be done back in LA if he so wished.

No harm done :)

If everything has already been pre-prepared, the charts written and sent to the RPO in advance to rehearse, he may only be here for a few days to get the orchestral parts recorded and nailed on. The rest - mixing, sweetening and so on - can all be done back in LA if he so wished.

If it's that quick I really hope it will be ready in time for christmas... How special would that be, hearing Karen in a new special, warm way with the Philharmonic Orchestra at Christmas time.

I found this before. The guy reviewing the Elvis albums interviewed the producers, this should give us an idea of the process involved. If it's the same people involved then I'm looking forwards to the part where they say they wanted to make it sound like "a new" Elvis album instead of just another compilation...
Elvis and the Royal Philharmonic

I found this before. The guy reviewing the Elvis albums interviewed the producers, this should give us an idea of the process involved. If it's the same people involved then I'm looking forwards to the part where they say they wanted to make it sound like "a new" Elvis album instead of just another compilation...
Elvis and the Royal Philharmonic

Yes it’s probably going to be much like that with this album. Thanks for the link, interesting read.

Secretly I am hoping for two albums, one for the 50th but also a new Christmas one.I know Peter Knight did a great job but as this year (2018) is 40 years of Christmas portrait, a new Christmas lp would be great. The Elvis Christmas was standard and deluxe released.Deluxe had four extra tracks I think and a red cover as opposed to standard white art work so numerous possibilities.Getting carried away......

Turns out Mindi is on this London trip as well. She just posted this on her public Instagram page. I’m beginning to wonder if the whole family is there :)

P.S. Look at her umbrella...

a1643b93-8298-46a2-8c03-7d576a673bfe-original.jpg
I'm looking at the umbrella as instructed, and I'm seeing RC and then what look like some numbers.

I don't mean to be a party p**per.
I understand The Carpenters family is posting these things publicly, but unless it's directly related to the project can we give Richard and his family some space? Hawking the live cam is a little over doing it, imo.

I don't mean to be a party p**per.
I understand The Carpenters family is posting these things publicly, but unless it's directly related to the project can we give Richard and his family some space? Hawking the live cam is a little over doing it, imo.

Agreed completely. A little stalker-ish on some of this.

Ed

I don't think anyone was taking the live cam seriously were they? I certainly wasn't, it was just a bit of fun to take one look at... As a novelty. I don't have time to sit watching it all day. Lol !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom