đź“Ł News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to be a party p**per.
I understand The Carpenters family is posting these things publicly, but unless it's directly related to the project can we give Richard and his family some space? Hawking the live cam is a little over doing it, imo.

What live cam? The only one mentioned is the one at Abbey Road crossing.

Looking forward to further Instagram updates from the man himself, it all begins on Monday :)

Last edited:
I have somewhat mixed feelings about the "stalkerish" angle here. Since I was the one that posted the Abbey Road Camera - a widely known Earth Cam, especially amongst Beatles fans, I did so as something amusing. With all of the speculation about the recording at Abbey Road Studios, it was posted as a bit of a tongue-in-cheek suggestion, not with any thought that anyone would take it seriously.

When the conversation turned toward folks actually sitting and watching, I began my cringing period, almost willing to attempt to curtail that activity - but just then, people began posting even MORE details than one could get from watching that Earth Cam video, and I really thought things were going too far.

At that point, it was revealed that people were getting their detailed information from the Carpenter's family postings on social media. Now it was different. If they, themselves are putting this info out there, then it's all fair for any commenting. I certainly hope that any would-be stalker types will not be posting any details gleaned from actually hanging out in front of hotels or following any family members around. They deserve their space. But anything put out on social media is fair game.

I have a genuine feeling that everyone posting here and referencing social media posts are only doing so out of real excitement that Richard is actively working on a new project and that he’s been kind enough to share the news with us on social media. The fact that his family are also posting only adds to the buzz. I’m so pleased he’s here in England recording again! I don’t think anyone is denying them their “space” and I don’t for a second believe it’s been encroached upon. This is where I feared this thread would go and I don’t want to see it locked. Maybe it would be best if we stick to the fact that a new album is in the works and see what comes of Richard’s work during this visit :)

Last edited:
It’s time for the speculation to stop, no more fun and games. The serious work is about to begin at Abbey Road. We all want this project to be a success and Richard will need his space to steer this project in the right direction. I for one will not be driving up the M4 like a lunatic on Monday morning just in case Richard happens to be on a zebra crossing, although the thought had crossed my mind, I will not phone in sick on Monday. Having said that, I would give anything to be in that recording studio to see Richard work his his magic.

I do agree Harry.

Lets get back on track.. The album recording begins on Monday !!! So exciting ! And who knows we might have to make a new thread soon about another new album... Richard has been up to something recording stuff back in America for some time. Maybe 2 albums on the Horizon.

Not to mention the fact Richard has recorded a new segment with Jay Leno that went under everybody’s radar. I continue to be amazed and excited at this mini renaissance.

We're all on the same team here and talking about the same thing in different ways. Lol
I agree with comments that followed. Of course I know A&M-Corner members have common sense about "giving them space", and we're excited for this News.
Let social media activity be just that. Personally, I don't think we should mirror everything posted by The Carpenters family over groups or forums. I'm sorry. To each their own, my feeling is that doing so with every last little piece of news until the release date can make the wait feel longer. Unless it something really cool like a rehearsal clip.

I wrote what I did before not as an attack, but to guide the convo back to what this is about.
The man's getting serious about his work; as a fan, now I'm thinking "Best of luck and see you on the other side Rich!" :)

I think we are all excited because it's never happened like this before, Richard and even his family are posting updates for who? The fan base otherwise they would have made there postings private. It's public and there is nothing wrong with updating their posts here to keep us all informed. This is the first time in history I've seen Richard and his family so engaged with the fan base about a new Carpenters release. How can we not get excited? Most releases in the past have been secretive and the fans usually don't find out about it until it's release. Look at the Christmas Collection DVD none of us knew that was coming.

This is how I believe Karen would have been had she lived...engaged and keeping the fans up to date on all this Carpenters through social media. I think I'm more excited about this release than any previous Japan Collection. I'm ready to place my order!! :wink:

We've made it... It's the Eve of the recording beginning I am beyond excited !!!

I know Colin has an interest in music so I'm hoping he will be going along with his dad... If he does he might record bits and get photos for his Instagram ! And I'm sure Richard will continue to update us with his Instagram... Has Richard ever been this active in keeping the fans up to date like this before?

Also if anyone is interested ... Yesterday they visited the home and grave of William Shakespeare and today went sight seeing to Buckingham Palace. I wonder if the Queen likes the Carpenters? :wink:

We've made it... It's the Eve of the recording beginning I am beyond excited !!!

I know Colin has an interest in music so I'm hoping he will be going along with his dad... If he does he might record bits and get photos for his Instagram ! And I'm sure Richard will continue to update us with his Instagram... Has Richard ever been this active in keeping the fans up to date like this before?

Also if anyone is interested ... Yesterday they visited the home and grave of William Shakespeare and today went sight seeing to Buckingham Palace. I wonder if the Queen likes the Carpenters? :wink:
Thanks for the updates, I’m not interested in signing up for Instagram, so your updates are really appreciated. Richard and Karen were planning to play at the Royal Variety Show but pulled out, so Liz missed out big time!

I wonder if the Queen likes the Carpenters? :wink:
My memory is not as good as it once was on these issues but I think I remember reading that included in the tour cancellation of 1975 when Karen was in the hospital for exhaustion had included a scheduled Command Performance for the Queen, that of course was cancelled with the other promoted concerts. Please someone correct me if I am mistaken.

My memory is not as good as it once was on these issues but I think I remember reading that included in the tour cancellation of 1975 when Karen was in the hospital for exhaustion had included a scheduled Command Performance for the Queen, that of course was cancelled with the other promoted concerts. Please someone correct me if I am mistaken.

I had never heard that... But wow! What an honour. Poor Karen that she had to miss that. Wouldn't that have been special for us to have photos and video of it.

Craig, no worries you still got it!! :wink:

NEWSLETTER #46 - December, 1975
It was with deep regret that the European tour was canceled on doctor's advice, specially having been honored to be selected to perform in the presence of the Queen at the Royal Command Variety Performance in London. Richard flew to London with John Bettis to apologize to the fans and promoters for the cancellation, via the media of television, radio and newspapers. (a gesture hold in high esteem by the thousands of disappointed fans from all the countries affected.)

It's probably being recorded now ! I can't wait to see if there will be any previews to give us a clue of what is on it. We've all presumed that it's the hits but "For All We Know" it could be a Christmas album of their 78' stuff being re-recorded or even a full "new" album like Lovelines. I mean it probably is just the hits.

If it is a Christmas album, maybe he'll do a double album and present the tracks as Karen and him were originally planning to when "Christmas Portrait" was being considered as a double-LP. Plus that would be a great time to put out "Christmas Alphabet" and "Make Me Laugh" on CD.

Any predictions for what this album is going to be called?

Almost without exception, these RPO collaboration albums take one of the featured songs as their title. They don't usually pick a hit song title either.

If I Can Dream - Elvis with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
The Wonder Of You - Elvis Presley & The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
A Brand New Me - Aretha Franklin with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
A Love So Beautiful - Roy Orbison with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Based on that, I'd go with A Song For You - Carpenters with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

(I also called it that because I have a hunch that song could make the cut).

Last edited:
Any predictions for what this album is going to be called? Here's my guess:

Naming it "A song for you" seems very possible or could be "Superstar."

My guess would be:

I just fall in love again - The Carpenters with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

[It plays upon the whole "breathing new life into older songs" thing. :D]

OR

In my dreams...

Now - The Carpenters with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

*edit* Think whimsical and romantic. I imagine Rich is drawing inspiration from classical composers. Some of his favourites (e.g. Hugo Winterhalter, Jud Conlon, George Shearing). It'll be awesome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom