đź“Ł News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that’s not an actual account, it’s just a link to any photos of him on Instagram that come up when you do a hashtag search using his name. [URL='https://www.instagram.com/richardcarpenterofficial'][URL='https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_2ejLgxXh/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=4nysodr9uhr9'][/URL][/URL]
[URL='https://www.instagram.com/richardcarpenterofficial'][URL='https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_2ejLgxXh/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=4nysodr9uhr9'][/URL][/URL]

the photo came from the link that was in simons very first post on this thread, but it`s now gone!
I don`t know who`s account it is or what it`s from, I just looked at the photos, that`s all and saw the one I posted.
apologies for taking the thread off topic.

So how does this actually work? The orchestra and Richard are in the studio and Richard conducts as the orchestra play listening to Karen’s vocal lead? So her vocal lead would have to be a strippped down version with only her vocals coming across the speaker system while the orchestra create the music. I mean the orchestra would not be hearing the original studio track with all the original instruments as that would clash against what there adding with the full orchestra.

So if Richard is using Carpenters songs with only Karen’s vocals or Karen’s and Richards and their backing vocals then how is Richard stripping away everything from the original studio music? So Richard is taking say 12-15 master tapes to London with only Karen and Richard’s lead vocals and background vocals only?

I guess I’m trying to understand how this process works.

This might help you understand the process. Skip to 5:02, which shows the re-recording process. In the case of the Barcelona album, they stripped back everything, recorded the new orchestra, re-recorded the backing tracks and then carefully laid the lead vocals back onto the finished tracks.

Last edited:
This might help you understand the process. Skip to 5:02, which shows the re-recording process. In the case of the Barcelona album, they stripped back everything, recorded the new orchestra, re-recorded the backing tracks and then carefully laid the lead vocals back onto the finished tracks.

Sorry for 5:02 read 2:27 :laugh:

It says this video is not available.

It says this video is not available.

Strange. Ok what it showed was them recording new strings and orchestration for the Barcelona album, they redid everything (including in some cases the rhythm tracks, with new drum parts etc) and then once that was done, they carefully placed the original vocal tracks down onto the new music. It’s a fascinating process, I really hope they film what Richard is about to do because it would make for an amazing documentary.

There may be some confusion with regard to jcolo1956 post above along with your reply.
First, the link you placed in your quotes above Photos and Videos is NOT Richard's Instagram Account, I'm not sure if your trying to say that the Photo you posted of Richard (looking thin) is on that page or not but it's not Richard's account, looks to me like a fan made instagram acct.

Secondly, (I don't have a sign in for Instagram) but when a person who is not logged into Instagram and you go to Richard's official instagram account Richard Carpenter (@richardcarpenterofficial) • Instagram photos and videos
for me (not logged in) you cannot scroll down there are only 12 photos on his page and that's it. Like I said there may be more but for someone not logged in there are no more pages to see. I also find it really hard to believe Richard would put a photo like that on his Instagram Acct.

Just trying to clarify...but really this photo anyway has nothing to do with the topic at hand but I wanted to clarify since you posted it. In addition the source for that photo you posted comes from a image upload UK site so that cannot be from Richard's instagram account.

Thank you very much, sorry for any confusion with my original post.

Exciting to read this and looking forward to it as everyone is!, I wonder if they would consider one of those hologram shows but maybe the footage isn’t good enough to do such a production. Would be great, I haven’t been to any of the hologram shows of other artists but I read that they are something special.

I thought CM was joking ^^
So the public can actually get access to the recording studio or where abouts in London to confirm events? So essentially one could pull a Drisilla Penny?

So the public can actually get access to the recording studio or where abouts in London to confirm events?

I don’t think you can just walk into the Abbey Road studios, no. But it’s in a public location so you can hang around if you’re looking for an autograph or get your picture taken on the famous Abbey Road pedestrian crossing :)

If you want to see what it looks like inside, you can always take the virtual tour. This is a very cool interactive site, which allows you to view each room and even lets you mix tracks at the mixing desk:

Google presents Inside Abbey Road

Or you can watch Abbey Road's famous zebra crossing featured on the cover of ABBEY ROAD through this webcam:

EarthCam - Abbey Road Cam

Surely Richard will cross that crossing at some point!
Ha, I just had the chance to click on this link and it's 2:00 am there and not a soul in sight. However something cool just happened one of those double decker buses, the red one that looks like the one on the back of the Live at the Palladium and it drove right over the walkway and I shouted to myself...The Carpenters Bus!!! :laugh:

Exciting to read this and looking forward to it as everyone is!, I wonder if they would consider one of those hologram shows but maybe the footage isn’t good enough to do such a production. Would be great, I haven’t been to any of the hologram shows of other artists but I read that they are something special.

It's been done with Tupac Shakur, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston (unreleased footage) and Roy Orbison (currently doing a posthumous tour). Elvis Presley was added to an episode of American Idol (duet with Celine Dion) using another form of trickery. I won't post here, but you can find all of this on YouTube.

There's some cool things like having them magically appear on stage or dissolving outfits. It's rumoured Abba will be using similar technology for their upcoming new songs they're working on this year.

About the hologram technology: inevitably, a Computer-Generated face with the Pepper's Ghost effect leaves fans saying "it doesn't look like them!"
The body's movement is performed by an impersonator. Since this is relatively new technology, it's prone to distortion and limits how a show can be staged. Never mind, ethically speaking, it doesn't sit quite right.

For Karen it would probably be staged similar to what was done with Roy Orbison. You have a beaming image of a person standing there with little movement for an hour. Honestly, I wouldn't want to go to a concert where I could hardly see this animated thing anyway. Lol Might as well do an entirely animated music video where you can feature them as a duo looking how they did in the 70s.
Also, Richard did something like this in the 90s... this one time thing was bitter-sweet.

I don't think a hologram is an idea Richard would approve. Getting The Carpenters with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra going is enough. I'm fine with other visual ideas for their legacy. Just the audio alone is sufficient for me!

Last edited:
Alright well here's a HQ demo I found of Roy Orbison's Hologram.
I mean, I don't know how I feel about this type of thing...
I'm assuming a lot of the arrangements are from his RPO album.
If we want to take this convo further, we'll have to make another thread.
I can't see it for The C's.

I really can't wait to see the tracklist, what songs has he chosen, could there be anything previously unreleased?

Looking at the other 6 albums made with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, here are the number of tracks...

-Elvis: The Wonder Of You = 14 tracks (17 on deluxe edition)

-Elvis: If I Can Dream = 14 tracks

-Elvis: Christmas = 13 tracks (17 on deluxe edition)

-Roy Orbison: A Love So Beautiful = 16 tracks

-Aretha Franklin: A Brand New Me = 14 tracks

-The Beach Boys = 17 tracks

So by using these we are looking at around 14-17 tracks.

Wow checking out that famous cam again during the day and there are so many people trying to recapture that famous Beatles moment and that lane is extremely busy with cars and buses. People are out in the street taking pics while there friend is walking across. I just saw one person almost got hit. I wonder if anyone has been seriously injured there?

I promise I don't mean to hate but I don't think we'll ever see that Christmas album unless Richard puts it out himself. No one will care about a Richard Carpenter project. They didn't in 1987 and they don't now.

Ed
I found this instagram post under the #richardcarpenter hashtag: Beverley Chitwood on Instagram: “It’s always a privilege to sing at Capitol Records. #vocalist #richardcarpenter #younique_corporate”
Someone was singing back ground vocals for RC's christmas album? Don't know if it means anything though.

By the way, I'm amazed there's a new album on the works. I can't wait!!

I found this instagram post under the #richardcarpenter hashtag: Beverley Chitwood on Instagram: “It’s always a privilege to sing at Capitol Records. #vocalist #richardcarpenter #younique_corporate”
Someone was singing back ground vocals for RC's christmas album? Don't know if it means anything though.

By the way, I'm amazed there's a new album on the works. I can't wait!!

This is looking like he has 2 projects going on at once; the Philharmonic album and his Christmas album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom