đź“Ł News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this YouTube sample? Is it Karen’s Bruce Forsyth performance with the RPO added?

Wow!! It looks like they're using the live version of "I Need to be in Love" for the RPO project. If the title of the video is to be believed, it suggests the album will be called "Voices From Another Room." And the notes say Dec. 6 release, worldwide Dec. 13.

Last edited:
Holy moly... This isn't real? It either sounds like a fan made video or someone very naughty working on this project has recorded it on their phone. :confused::rolleyes:

I've listened to this now a few times on bluetooth to my hi-fi system. I'm stumped. It's the live vocal from the Bruce Forsyth show with added instruments including quite clearly an Orchestra. It works very well if it is just a fan video. Thoughts?

Notice how the ending lingers as if it was going to fade into another song. What's intersting is that the uploader hasn't got any other videos which is strange if it was just a fan made video.

Wow! That sounds fantastic. If this is what we are in store for, then it will be magical. I'd rather have the original with new orchestral music, but that was nice and Karen's voice sounded great. Can't wait for new details over the next couple of months.

I didn’t think that Richard might use live recordings with the RPO. So from the list of tracks are there other live performances of Karen that could be used?

I’d say if this recording of INTBIL is real than that would make Mark Famous.

I was thinking could this title “Voices From Another Room” have been the title Richard and Karen decided would be the title of their next album after MIA.

Randy Schmidt confirmed on the Newville Ave. Facebook page that this was, in fact, an authentic recording from the upcoming RPO project. It's exciting to know that at least one of the songs will feature a lead vocal which is different than what we're accustomed to hearing.

It really does show the contrast between then and now... Back in the 1970's you wouldn't have heard anything until you played your copy of the album... Now everything is changed (for good and bad) and everything is exposed due to mobile phones, internet ect.

I am very happy that the gentleman who has provided information about the rfo project has done so, but, it must be assumed he has done so with the blessing of mr carpenter. of course people read, we keep carpenters alive.

I've also just found a full version of it under the title "Orchestra ! Karen Carpenter in London 1979 I Need To Be In Love"

Alright, now I'm nervous about this project. I really want the original singing with the orchestra. I enjoyed the live version, but I hope the whole set is not that way. How does everyone else feel?

Alright, now I'm nervous about this project. I really want the original singing with the orchestra. I enjoyed the live version, but I hope the whole set is not that way. How does everyone else feel?
I like the live version vocal of I need to be in Love. Perfect Karen vocal and more emotive I think and nice to get an alternate version again but until I see Richard or UMG publish details I am keeping an open mind.I am just happy to get a new Carpenters release.

The plot thickens. The clip is by a YouTube user called “Carpenters50th”.

Interesting. This was uploaded about a month ago. I noticed the other clip of TYFTM a long time ago, and it's something I'm not even going to comment on. But this, crank it up and listen. I closed my eyes and thought I went to heaven! :)

But this, crank it up and listen. I closed my eyes and thought I went to heaven!

I've had Randy Schmidt confirm that the first clip is legitimate.

A few observations about the above clip that has surfaced:

1. I listened to this today via my TV soundbar system and it sounded awesome. No way does this sound anything but authentic. The giveaway moment for me is the second verse. In the line “so here I am with pockets full of good intentions”, there’s a beautiful staccato string pattern which sounds like it was designed especially for that moment in the song.

2. I detected a Joe Osborne bassline when I don’t believe he was there in 1978 for the live performance of this on the Bruce Forsyth Show. That would suggest to me that the track has been tinkered with as I thought may be the case during the recording process.

3. If it’s authentic, that means they must have made a multi-track recording of the performances from the show in 1978. Richard wouldn’t have been able to do this otherwise, surely?

4. If this is one of the tracks from the album, where has it come from and who leaked it? I would imagine Richard would not be best pleased.

5. If genuine, I hope there aren’t any more leaks like this. I know we’re all dying to hear the album but it would ruin the experience if tracks are drip fed via social media between now and Christmas.

6. If it’s not authentic, someone did a beautiful job on this!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom