📣 News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carpenters official Facebook page confirms "Please Mr. Postman" as the exclusive Target bonus track:

I am glad I ordered the CD from Target and it is great to finally have that mystery solved. However, this is now too late to cancel my order from cdjapan as they have already processed payment. Oh well... the japan CD will be a collector's item.

The audio on the PMP video clip is not very good and sounds very dynamically compressed. Lets not judge the CD's audio on this clip.

^^I am on my way to Target web....
I really love that Please Mr. Postman update !!

Oh, too late...Target says:
"Preorders sold out"

As the drama builds, here is the "unofficial" tote board for whom in this forum will submit the first review:

Simon KC1950 3:2
Newvillefan 2:1
Chris Mills 5:1

Longshot - Brian from Australia 10:1. Hoping for a "Silky Sullivan" like charge down the back stretch...He should have a tremendous head start seeing that Dec 7th will come to him first.

Why no US/Canada entries? Because you don't have a prayer! :laugh:

As the drama builds, here is the "unofficial" tote board for whom in this forum will submit the first review:

Longshot - Brian from Australia 10:1. Hoping for a "Silky Sullivan" like charge down the back stretch...He should have a tremendous head start seeing that Dec 7th will come to him first.

I love this - and my odds :laugh:

Last edited:

LOL !

I get back from college at about 4pm... I'll listen to my CD as soon as I get in ! I'll listen to it a few times first.

Oh and as for TV... Richard is heading to Tokyo for promo from the 6th-13th and will be on Japanese TV on the 11th according to a friend of mine from Japan.

I THINK SIMON KC1950 will be first !

I think I will need a handkerchief on Friday from joy of listening!
Same, which is why I will be waiting until the evening when I have some alone time to listen and also so I can enjoy it without interruptions. If it wasn't for that, I'd be the first to have a review written.

Here is some information today from Japan. It's in Japanese so I will post the link and copy the converted English text.

カーペンターズのリチャード・カーペンター、明日放送のニッポン放送「大橋未歩 金曜ブラボー」に生出演 | NME Japan

2018.12.6 Thursday
Carpenters Richard Carpenter, live appearance on the Nippon Broadcasting "Broadcasting Ohashi Miho Friday Bravo" tomorrow

Carpenters will be released for the first time in 17 years, "Carpenters with Royal Philharmonic Orchestra" will be released on December 7, but Richard Carpenter will be broadcast on December 7 "Nippon Broadcasting Ohashi Miho Friday Bravo" It is clear that it will appear live on.

Carpenters said that the performance to Japan took place in May 1974 was the 20th anniversary performance of the Nippon Broadcasting Broadcasting and there were 381,512 entries in Nippon Broadcasting System. The appearance of this performance will be released later in Japan as "LIVE IN JAPAN". Richard Carpenter is said to appear live to convey the thanks of the performance to Japan 45 years ago.

The outline of the program is as follows.

Program name: Nippon Broadcasting "Ohashi Miho Friday Bravo"
Broadcast date and time: Friday, December 7th from 13:00 to 17:20
Personality: Mihashi Ohashi
partner: Akihisa Shoguchi
Guest: Richard Carpenter

"Carpenters with Royal Philharmonic Orchestra" is an orchestra of Royal Philharmonic Orchestra under the direction of Carpenter's original vocals and instrumental tracks, recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London, directed by Richard Carpenter Sound has been added. Richard Carpenter is a producer, arranger, and conductor of the album.

Details of the release are as follows.

Carpenters with
"Royal Philharmonic Orchestra"
Carpenters with
"Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
CD No.: UICY-15801 Price: 2,500 yen (tax-excluded price) + Tax
release date: Friday December 7, 2018 Worldwide simultaneous release
Japanese version only SHM-CD Specifications
1. Overture OVERTURE
2. Yesterday Once · More · YESTERDAY ONCE MORE
3. HARTING · ITS · OTHER HURTING EACH OTHER
4. Youthful Sparkle I NEED TO BE IN LOVE
5. Futari no Oaths FOR ALL WE KNOW
6. TOUCH ME WHEN WE 'RE DANCING
7. I
LOVE YOU I BELIEVE YOU 8. Say Good -by to You I JUST FALL IN LOVE AGAIN
9. Merry Christmas · Darling MERRY CHRISTMAS, DARLING
10 Baby It's You BABY IT'S YOU
11. Harukanaru Shadow (THEY LONG TO BE) CLOSE TO YOU
12. Super Star SUPERSTAR
13. RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS
14. RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS 14. MASQUARED THIS MASQUERADE
15. Tear Ride Ticket TO RIDE
16. Say Goodbye to Ai GOODBYE TO LOVE
17. Top of the World TOP OF THE WORLD
18. Love's Prelude WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN
19. Japanese Edition Bonus Track: Please Mr. Postman PLEASE MR. POSTMAN

Copyright © 2018 TI Media Limited. NME is a registered trademark of TI Media Limited being used under licence.

BBC breakfast UK has an interview with Richard on right now and a little feature with clips etc.Put my tv on to hear Karen start singing.Typed that fast:) was on at 0650 so should be on again as they seem to run features at least twice.(Thursday 6 December)
Thanks for the heads up! They've just done a coming up later bit featuring a clip of Karen singing Superstar live (BBC concert) and Richard conducting tbe RPO. Set the recorder and heading off to work now!

Thanks for the heads up! They've just done a coming up later bit featuring a clip of Karen singing Superstar live (BBC concert) and Richard conducting tbe RPO. Set the recorder and heading off to work now!
They are showing a longer version at 0850, for any UK friends.

Meanwhile the UK Times has this, lengthy and insightful interview with Richard. I’d like to do that PhD on their impact, thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom