📣 News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
By heck! It appears that this BBC report knocked it up the Amazon Best sellers chart to #16 ! It's updated every hour so may have been higher earlier .

Maybe there won't be a tv ad campaign...I don't know how the industry works.

Really excited. I'll possibly be able to hear this in 12 hours. I even slept in today to stay up....I'm 40 you know. !!!

It's funny but it's only at times like this when carpenters enter the mainstream that the velvet curtains part and people get to see why I'm so obsessed and how great they are.
Laters gang.

Neil

It's funny but it's only at times like this when carpenters enter the mainstream that the velvet curtains part and people get to see why I'm so obsessed and how great they are.

I deleted most of my social media accounts earlier this year but I can guarantee if I was still on there, my wall and inbox would be full of messages from friends and relatives asking me things like "did you see BBC Breakfast this morning?" or "Carpenters documentary on BBC Radio 2 this December". My obsession is that well known, it's like having an army of spies reporting in whenever they see the Carpenters surface in the news. Now they actually telephone me with the news, which is an altogether nicer way to communicate with people :)

It leaked to file-sharing networks this morning. Even though I purchased a copy, I couldn't help but download. The interludes are amazing. It's like hearing it for the first time again!

Spoiler alert!!.. The interludes are wonderful. The one going into "Hurting Each Other" is beautiful and references the melody of "Someday."...The one from "HEO" to "I Need To Be In Love" gave me goose bumps!!..

Last edited:
The album is now available for purchase and download on iTunes Philippines and Apple Music Philippines!!!! Will listen to it laterrrrr!!!!!!! AHHHH SO EXCITED!

PS: It's December 7th (12:14am while writing this) here in the Philippines

I suggest that anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled, just stay out of these threads for another day or so until you've had a chance to listen to the new album. It's always tempting for "early adopters" to run screaming from the rooftops about their new discoveries. Being "first" on Internet sites seems to hold some badge of honor, so it's an understandable reaction to come here and post things.

By the way, we DO have spoiler tags here. In the editing box where you type your post, there's a "+" over toward the right top. Click on that and you'll see the spoiler tag option.

This information is now hidden

By the way, we DO have spoiler tags here. In the editing box where you type your post, there's a "+" over toward the right top. Click on that and you'll see the spoiler tag option.

I didn't know we could do this - I was going to ask if we should preface our reviews "Spoiler Alert", but this is much better.

Can I just say it’s so nice to be part of all the excitement this time around. I missed it all in my younger years I just didn’t appreciate beautiful music back in the days! Thanks to this forum and the moderators!

I suggest that anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled, just stay out of these threads for another day or so until you've had a chance to listen to the new album. It's always tempting for "early adopters" to run screaming from the rooftops about their new discoveries. Being "first" on Internet sites seems to hold some badge of honor, so it's an understandable reaction to come here and post things.

I had no idea we had this option. I’m not upset about it...I know I shouldn’t be here having not listened yet but the excitement is too much to stay away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom