📣 News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got goosebumps when he said that...I felt Karen near.
Was at work when tHis was shown, however my wife recorded it for me. How amazing that after all these years, that the Carpenters can make headline news on the bbc on the main morning news. What a great interview, and yes agree sent goosebumps when Richard said if only she could come back for 60 minutes so we could listen to it together. What a huge compliment to The Carpenters that they still can make the news. Thanks to the BBC for their continued support and looking forward to the BBC 2 interview on 23 rd. This is just amzing

I’m for sure staying away from the personal reviews thread. I hope to be there soon. Come on CD Japan!!
Opted not to get the Target one since it’s been said the same bonus track appears. Can’t get anymore as I’m Flat Baroque lol

I would also like to request that if you post a review from another source, please post the entire text from the review AND a link to it. This way the reviews will stay in the forum forever, as opposed to the links which quite often die after a (short or long) period of time.

I had no idea we had this option. I’m not upset about it...I know I shouldn’t be here having not listened yet but the excitement is too much to stay away.

I know the feeling. I wasn't sure the spoiler tag was there either, but I think it might have come in a Xenforo update some time ago. It's not obvious tucked away in that plus sign.

Richard has just arrived in Japan and then heading back to London as well as New York. The promotional tour is now officially underway!

Richard Carpenter on Instagram: “Tomorrow is the big day! I have just arrived in Japan to celebrate the opening of the new album with some of the Carpenters most cherished…”

I’m hoping we may see him on some of the breakfast TV shows or evening talk shows. I’ll be searching for his name on Sky TV every day over the coming days and will alert everyone if any appearances show up.

Last edited:
All of the tracks have been uploaded to the Carpenters VEVO page on YouTube but are not available to listen to in the UK right now, with the message “PLAYBACK ERROR: The uploader has not made this video available in your country”.

However Please Mr Postman is listed :)

A visit to New York might mean some appearances on NBC, ABC and CBS morning news shows. Maybe a visit with Kathy Lee (and Hoda) who has been a long time fan of the Carpenters!

Ok, so I've just spoken with Richard's secretary/assistant and she has said that Richard will not be going to the UK now, just Japan. I would presume that she would be more up to date than the Instagram page (which I'm guessing is now managed by universal)

Ok, so I've just spoken with Richard's secretary/assistant and she has said that Richard will not be going to the UK now, just Japan. I would presume that she would be more up to date than the Instagram page (which I'm guessing is now managed by universal)

Bizarre that she would say that when he confirmed his travel plans only an hour or so ago...I’m pretty sure Universal don’t update his personal Instagram page :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just a few tracks into it and loving it so far. I love the allusions to the hits and other album cuts that I've heard in the segues between tracks that, were it not for the benefit of a track listing, would keep you guessing what comes next. Love the dramatic end to "Hurting". Some of the links feel a bit "Christmassy" but, hey, it is that time of year after all. Who would have thought that what Richard got soooo right the first time would benefit from a few new tweaks?

Last edited:
Just listening to ‘Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra’. I’ll be in touch and will try not to spoil. Here are a couple of very general comments:- The sigues between tracks are nice and the new arrangements / alterations / additions probably wouldn’t be noticed by the casual listener on basic sound equipment. They’re very subtle. Obviously, fans would notice the changes straight away. Later.

Just listening to ‘Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra’. I’ll be in touch and will try not to spoil. Here are a couple of very general comments:- The sigues between tracks are nice and the new arrangements / alterations / additions probably wouldn’t be noticed by the casual listener on basic sound equipment. They’re very subtle. Obviously, fans would notice the changes straight away. Later.

First onto it, makes us proud to be Australians, right Brian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom