📣 News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have listened three times all the way through now and I LOVE the result! Richard did an excellent job with these new arrangements. My biggest surprise of all was finding that the album version of "Ticket to Ride" actually has a newly recorded piano!! The version that was put up on all the streaming platforms several weeks ago used the old piano from the 1973 version. I am so glad Richard decided to re-do the piano. It makes so much of a difference to the song.

Having heard everything in its proper context, I am over the moon about the result. Richard, the RPO, and everyone else involved has done an excellent job!

In addition to "Ticket To Ride" on the album differing from the version released weeks ago as a "single" to the streaming and download websites, the piano in the intro of the album version of "Yesterday Once More" sounds like it was also newly recorded.

The piano on "Close To You" is also new. I like that Richard did this to several of these songs.

Many of these comments should be in our official review thread. I'm closing this one, since the album is now out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom