Casey Kasem talks about Kenny Roger and KC's audition*

This presumably puts to rest the "why" as to Karen not being selected by Kenny and his band. He simply didn't think she was the right sound.

I'd also note that since Kenny (according to Kasey K) said that she had a very sweet voice, this should put to rest any notion that Karen did anything other than try her best to win. Something I personally felt certain of, in any event.

Did he say hundreds of candidates?

Makes one wonder how much time did each get - how much of a song were they allowed to sing?

Also, after the first 40 or 50 or so how much attention was each getting from weary band members, who might or might not have been sober...

This presumably puts to rest the "why" as to Karen not being selected by Kenny and his band. He simply didn't think she was the right sound.

I'd also note that since Kenny (according to Kasey K) said that she had a very sweet voice, this should put to rest any notion that Karen did anything other than try her best to win. Something I personally felt certain of, in any event.
That might explain the "why", but then it just might be Kenny's weak, flimsy attempt to cover his ass a little later because he blew a big chance to have the best female singer in pop music history in his band...

And the fact that she had a "sweet voice" has nothing to do with whether or not she tried her best in the audition...

Back
Top Bottom