cassette in LP sleeve

stolfstolf

I have an image of this but cannot figure out how to post it. It is a cassette sold in an LP sleeve. Dated 1977. "Dances In a Line" by Rudy Franklin, Kimbo Educational Records, Long Branch NJ. Front cover has a sticker that says "cassette version." Ever hear of such a thing?

Never saw a cassette in an LP sleeve, and nobody on Discogs has posted that version either--just the LP version. Certainly is an unusual packaging idea! And the track listing looks as though I could follow along and learn how to get down with my bad self on the dance floor. 😁

You can upload images to Imgur for free and link to it here, inserting the link with the 1602092692224.png button in the toolbar so it displays in the post.

I've heard of a CD being contained in an LP-sized jacket. I think the Japanese did a release of Carpenters NOW AND THEN album over there with that kind of packaging.

I would bet that is similar to one of the reasons longboxes were used here in the US--the product could be displayed in existing LP bins.

Rudy, you reminded me of when longboxes first came out. Dunno if everybody did this, but a variety/drug store where I was living in upper Upstate NY displayed only the boxes in the bins. You had to go to the counter and they'd put the CD in the box before you purchased it. Yup, I found this out after purchasing an empty box.

Ouch! I guess you bought the "Lite" version of that CD! 😁

A used LP/CD shop I visited about an hour away always used to keep the CDs behind the counter, with the cases out on display. It was a bit of a pain (and was double storage, if you think about it), but they probably had to deal with a lot of pilfering by the college students that shopped there.

Aaaah, I see--that link didn't work.

There is a "share" or "copy" link if you hover over the photo--that would be the one you're after.

1602096079661.png

Also, you don't need an account or need to be logged in to upload to Imgur.

...and having done that with my test photo, I get this:

https://imgur.com/JGCWLLn

...which I pasted in here without even needing the image button (it auto-embeds).

I have a signed 12” album cover by the Rembrandts, that has the cd inside, no vinyl. Vinyl was discontinued when that album was released. It was a novel thing in the 90’s.

Back
Top Bottom