CD of Music (x3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark-T

Since so many of these have come out on disc already, do you ever think we'll see a full MMM disc?
Would love to get my hands on a fu;; version of "Slaughter" and Richard's version of "You'll Never Know" in wonderful CD quality!
Mark

No.If there was any intention to release a MUSIC,MUSIC,MUSIC soundtrack,it would have been done many years ago.The copyright/royalty factor(involving several different artists)alone would have prevented it's release.Incidentally,most people probably don't know this,but A&M toyed with the idea of releasing a soundtrack for THE KAREN CARPENTER STORY.I remember an A&M staffer telling me this back in early 1989.I guess they tossed that idea,probably due to the impending release of LOVELINES.

Yes you're right, A&M did consider the idea back in 1989, but the impending release of Lovelines would have got in the way of this.. Ok, here's my idea for the content!! (not necessarily in this running order).

Obviously the songs selected went along with the story line, but look at how many of the other hits that were missed out of the film though, (Goodbye To Love, Yesterday Once More, Only Yesterday, Please Mr Postman, Occupants, Love Song, Touch Me When We're Dancing, Ticket To Ride, Solitaire, A Kind Of Hush, and Karen's favourite song I NEED TO BE IN LOVE!!)

Rainy Days and Mondays
End Of The World(?)
I'll Be Yours
Don't Be Afraid
All Of My Life
Eve
Close To You
Love Is Surrender
We've Only Just Begun
Superstar
For All We Know
A Song For You
Top Of The World
This Masquerade
Fun Fun Fun(?)
You're The One
This Masquerade
Where Do I Go From Here
Now

Did I miss any?!!

Stephen

Richard probably could still issue MMM soundtrack as Ella Fitzgerald Estate settled for a much lower royalty payment on Karen / Ella Medley than during her lifetime :o

Costs could be reduced and copyrights secured more easily than previously , the question remains would Richard want to re-mix / remaster MMM for official release -probably not -unless tied into Video / DVD issue of original special plus surplus footage :o

As Richard has declined to release this favourite TV Special to date , unless Fans or Associates persuade Richard to work on these projects , we will have to accept the recordings issued and occasional showings of Carpenters TV Specials :sad:

Peter...Hopeful .....

MMM is my favorite video of the Capenters. I wish a double package of this with the outtakes, and the BBC special with And When He Cries was put together for release on DVD. Plus, I would like to see the ABC of Christmas (Christmas Alphabet) that Karen did with Kristie McNichol as bonus material.

Craig

You missed "Girl From Ipanema"....live from Hollywood Bowl track. (Just thought I'd mention that :) -Chris

Peter says As Richard has declined to release this favourite TV Special to date , unless Fans or Associates persuade Richard to work on these projects

Peter so how would the fans show interest to Richard that we want him to work on a project like this for us? How long did it take for the fans to "bother" Richard enough for "Rainbow Connection" that Richard finally "gave in" and worked on this & released it for the fans.

It seems there has to be some kind of connection from someone here (after all this is the A&M Board) who knows someone & that person knows someone that can get the word to Richard that the fans want more DVD-Video Material from him like MMM Special.

The material has to exist, look at how clear the video is of "From this Moment on" and "When I Fall in Love"

Just wish we had some kind of confirmation from a fan who has actually asked Richard face to face for him to release this DVD Video Material to see what his reaction really is. um....

The decision is not up to Richard.The networks generally own the rights to the programs they feature.In all likelihood,it have to be an agreement between ABC and A&M,that would get a release on the TV specials.Because there were other artists on the TV specials,they would also have some input on the release issue as well.

I seem to hazily remember reading somewhere that K & R owned their T.V. Specials..

Jeff

Jeff

You're right - the liner notes for AS TIME GOES BY state that they co-owned the specials, I'm guessing with ABC network.

And that's straight from Richard's pen!!

Stephen

Chris :

As with previous projects , Richard is influenced by Fans , long term Associates , A&M / Universal staff and makes the final decisions and
choices for himself :o

A combination of persuasion from all the above plus the key factor that Carpenters Video / DVD are limited in scope and only one concert (limited to Japanese / Asian Release ) has been issued will convince Richard that the copyright negotations , production work , audio enhancements etc are worth the final release(s) :)

Rather the same with Forum topics on further Carpenters Material or Karen Carpenter Ramone Outtakes , some argue Richard will not issue further unreleased tracks , while others believe more will emerge -I am with the latter camp as having discussed with Richard in person -future material -he is interested in various recordings and sources being issued -however this will be within Richard's timescale and with projects he wants to release ....probably after some Solo / Production projects .....in the next few years :sad:

Here at A&M Corner , other Websites , Individual Fans can only keep lobbying Richard , various A&M / Universal HQ's etc with these ideas , plans and projects :)

Peter....Looking Forward.......

I wasn't aware that Richard "co-owned" the TV specials,but,even still,Richard would have ABC(the co-owner) to contend with.He would also have to get clearance from Universal/A&M Video,who would have to decide whether the TV specials would "sell".I hold the same position on these TV specials,as I do on the unreleased outtakes-if it was going to happen,it would have happened years ago.(particularly in the 80's and 90's,when Richard still had an active contract,and the full support of A&M).As far as I know,Richard's contract with Universal is at an impasse,which is probably why Universal won't release AS TIME GOES BY or Richard's Christmas album.(don't feel bad,when Universal took over A&M,they deleted Herb Alpert's entire A&M catalog!)In summary,it's good to talk about these TV specials and unreleased tracks,but we have to accept the obvious reality of the situation-it's probably not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom